Bought Me an FZ6 R

Texas Fizzer

Ok rub it in , I just turned 59 yrs old and been riding motorcycles since I was 16. The first bike I rode was my brothers when he was in Viet Nam . Probably a bike the youngsters on here never seen a ( Suzuki X 6 hustler ) Since then I have been through Harley's Honda's Kawi's BMW's Yammies. So Saturday I sold a 1999 Interceptor and my 500 CC Ninja and bought a new FZ6R .

I put 200 miles on over the weekend and I really love this bike , I don't need a bike that rips around actually the FZ6 R is more then we need but easy to ride. The bike is good looking practical and efficient . This is truely the Swiss Army knife of motorcycles. Maybe its the feeling of a new bike but I think this bike is special .

Brian O.

How does the FZ6R compare ( Handling , Power ) to the other bikes you have had in the Past. I'm 50 and really enjoy my 2011 as well. The Bike just fits well.

Fizzer6R

wow a 1999 Interceptor and 500 Ninja, both vibrated like crazy - bet the FZ6R feels a lot smoother, eh? congrats!! :cool:

Texas Fizzer

Hey until I got the FZ6R the Interceptor was smooth !!! The Interceptor to me is a great for fit finish bike but lacks a lot elsewhere . The 500 Ninja was an excellent bike , like a Schwinn bicycle with a motor easily thrown into turns . I would never recommend an VFR 800

Chuck12

I am 57 and have been dreaming of getting a FZ6R for the pass several years. I would like your advice: My budget is approximately $4,400. I would like a 2009 model and the prices seem to be running around $5,500 on the high end with 1,550 miles and $$4,500 for bikes with about $10,000 miles on them. Should I hold out and save my money to get a lower mileage bike?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Texas Fizzer

It is not fair for me or anyone else to tell you what is best for you but just opinion . I picked mine up a hold back 2012 with zero miles for 6500.00 Total out the door . The dealer has 2 more on the same deal . I am sure all dealers have the same deal because Yamaha wants the 2013 out there . My wife bought a 2013 Ninja 300 at 6036 .00 out the door . These are good bikes but so inexpensive it is hard not to buy new . At the same time a bike like these in the wrong hands can get ragged out quickly .

bleedinblue

Elite Member