Black Widow Exhaust

TwittleFZ6R

Has anyone tried this company's exhaust for our bike? I just want to know if it sounds good or not. There's only one video on youtube that shows it off, kinda seem sketchy to me for buying it.

RJRinker

I nearly made this post myself as I was wondering the same about those exhausts. I see them on eBay for a pretty good price. I dunno if I'd go with the full kit. But if their good, I'd go for the headers at least.

RJRinker

Headers are 345/free shipping and headers+Exhaust are 450 to 577/free shipping depending on which slip on you choose

Chris12

Headers are 345/free shipping and headers+Exhaust are 450 to 577/free shipping depending on which slip on you choose
That's not bad at all. I may have gotten one of these systems if I had known of them when I was exhaust shopping.

To the OP, please keep us posted if you buy this Black Widow exhaust

bQQm

I'll be buying this one most likely Yamaha FZ6R 2009 - 2017 De-Cat Exhaust Headers Downpipes Front Pipes | eBay

I have a no name carbon fibre slip on already so hopefully that fits fine. Save myself a bit of money too.

There's another one in Australia that does decent prices and would be quicker shipping for me, though I'm not in a rush. Only downside is that they only have it for the xj6, not sure how different it is to the FZR

Delkevic Yamaha Exhaust Silencers XJ6 304 Stainless Steel 225mm | eBay

RJRinker

I'll be buying this one most likely Yamaha FZ6R 2009 - 2017 De-Cat Exhaust Headers Downpipes Front Pipes | eBay

I have a no name carbon fibre slip on already so hopefully that fits fine. Save myself a bit of money too.

There's another one in Australia that does decent prices and would be quicker shipping for me, though I'm not in a rush. Only downside is that they only have it for the xj6, not sure how different it is to the FZR

Delkevic Yamaha Exhaust Silencers XJ6 304 Stainless Steel 225mm | eBay
The decat headers was what I was looking at as well. Definitely post up some pics when they arrive if you can. If you can post a unbox video on YouTube that'd be amazing. As the only video I've seen appears to be a guy that was given the kit for free. Free tends to make things alot nicer not matter what..

bQQm

Will definitely be posting pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how to navigate this website. Can't seem to find the threads I've posted in the past...

As for the exhaust, I am a little worried as to what they'll sound like but I was planning on leaving the db killer in anyways.

Rumpig

Being that exhaust clips together i'd be worried about using it on a bike with an O2 sensor. If it sucks air in thru the joints it will affect the AFR reading.

Pootywhopper

I put mine on yesterday. Sounds 10x better than stock. Without the baffle it sounds extremely angry (in a good way). Didn't ride because of snow but no problems so far

856_SJRider

I nearly made this post myself as I was wondering the same about those exhausts. I see them on eBay for a pretty good price. I dunno if I'd go with the full kit. But if their good, I'd go for the headers at least.
I had my stock headers cut and welded into a straight pipe. I am looking to sell if you're interested. I ended up going with a TB full exhaust because I am not bike savy at all!

Pootywhopper

Did you order off eBay? What setup did you go with?
I ordered directly off the black widow website and I went with the Low Level De-cat with 200mm Oval Black Painted Stainless Steel Silencer. Once I put the order in it took about 4 days to get to my house. Would've taken 3 days but that last snow storm we got caused it to be delayed.

bQQm

As much as I wanted to get the black widow exhaust, I've changed my mind and going the r6 headers route. I'm trying to save as much money as I can in this streetfighter project so going to do some DIY.

These are the headers that I bought as I couldnt find any secondhand ones locally that were in good shape.

Stainless Steel Exhaust Downpipes Header Pipe YAMAHA YZF R6 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 | eBay

The seller gave me an offer of $240 so I took it.

RJRinker

As much as I wanted to get the black widow exhaust, I've changed my mind and going the r6 headers route. I'm trying to save as much money as I can in this streetfighter project so going to do some DIY.

These are the headers that I bought as I couldnt find any secondhand ones locally that were in good shape.

Stainless Steel Exhaust Downpipes Header Pipe YAMAHA YZF R6 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 | eBay

The seller gave me an offer of $240 so I took it.
I originally purchased the R6 headers and installed them but after looking at them it just didn't seem like there was enough ground clearance. That was even prior to bending them away from the oil pan. Which will make it worse. The issue is where they go 421 on the OEM headers they're flat and on the R6 headers they're grouped on top of each other. Cutting the stock will probably be the route I go. I just have a a nasty ding in one of the headers that I'd rather get rid of..

I like the cost of the black widow just unsure of quality and the clipping together idea. I wonder if they could be welded together once assembled.

Pootywhopper

Thanks for the pics!

Likes?
Dislikes?
Ease of install?
Appearance & Feel of quality?
Is it sturdy once all clipped together? No leaks?
Does it clear oil pan without sacrificing much ground clearance? (Hard to tell from pics, looks like it's still on a stand)
Sound??

A walk(kneel ) around video with your critique would be amaze!
So I had a finally had a nice ride today and I thought I had my GoPro on video but, it was on burst photo so my entire ride is now just part of my own memory.

DISLIKES: headers and downpipe being separate pieces.

EASE OF INSTALL: beard scale difficulty 2, have a couple beers on hand. That was my first time ever doing anything exhaust related so it might be a 1 for someone else.

APPEARANCE & QUALITY: looks great, doesn't seem like it will turn to crap or ruin the bike. It is sturdy once all clipped together, aboslutely no leaks. Can't tell in the video but it clears the oil pan easily. Won't scrape when balls deep in a turn (tested that today).

As usual video doesn't do sound justice. I would've revved higher but my son was sleeping right by the window where the bike was.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZijUCBq9a/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSZlyIWBX16/