Bike Stolen - but recovered!(?)

tyleremiller

Police recovered my bike yesterday - covered in mud, and 100 miles i didn't ride on it. The thief parked it two blocks from where they stole it, though. No immediately obvious damage either. Weird thing is, the closest mud to me would be straight north, across the Golden Gate or Bay bridges, but didn't see any activity on my FastTrak. Glad to have her back, but also so curious about what exactly happened. Never ever ever leaving my disc lock off for any period of time ever ever again.

Pics of recovery: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Ripley

Police recovered my bike yesterday - covered in mud, and 100 miles i didn't ride on it. The thief parked it two blocks from where they stole it, though. No immediately obvious damage either. Weird thing is, the closest mud to me would be straight north, across the Golden Gate or Bay bridges, but didn't see any activity on my FastTrak. Glad to have her back, but also so curious about what exactly happened. Never ever ever leaving my disc lock off for any period of time ever ever again.

Pics of recovery: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
I'm glad you got her back. I haven't had bike stolen but I did have a car mistakenly towed in the middle of the night. When I walked out to the parking lot the next morning to go to work, I was heartbroken when I didn't see her there. One of the worst feelings. Hopefully the idiot that took her will get caught. Too much of that crap going on these days.

Superzoom

So sorry that happened to you. I'm sure you felt violated.

So the thief somehow hotwired your bike? I wasn't sure if you could hotwire a modern vehicle. I thought most motorcycles were stolen by being put on the back of a truck.

P.S.: Good luck with the rest of your street fighter transformation. I did it to my bike this year, and love the new form!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member