Best Tires for rain and stickiness IYO

KillaCoDe

Was going to be ordering a new pair of tires for my FZ6R since it still has the originals on it and its an 09 model. Was wondering what the best bang for my buck is for some tires that are sticky, handle well and are good for rain driving as well! Not extremely concerned with tread life as I am stickiness and handling. Thanks guys! :D

BKP

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Dustin600

I have the Michelin Pilot Road 2s on my FZ6R. I had them on my last bike as well. Between the two bikes I have put about 15,000 miles on those tires. They last a long time because of the dual compound rubber. They have great wet weather traction. The MPR3s are supposed to be better in the rain. I would have got them but I don't like the look of the tread pattern.

mdgreene2001

sorry I got the michlin pilot power 3 I'm put on Monday...

bmw675

sorry I got the michlin pilot power 3 I'm put on Monday...
I picked up some PP3's this weekend to ride on the track in a light rain. Never had one issue. They'll double as my street tires, so I'm looking forward to seeing how long they last.

Great tire for the money. For $275 mounted, couldn't go wrong.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Alex6

The Q3's are out now (with carbon fiber!) and they're the same price as the Q2's. The big knock against the Q2's is that they wear out so fast. Don't think the Q3's will change that trait either. If you have the money and time to change your tires every 4K miles, then I'm sure they're great. Most of us don't want to deal with the cost or hassle of doing that, especially on bikes that rarely, if ever, see the track.
:Im With Stupid:I am a member of a local forum full of members who are very accomplished riders consistently riding the track and some racing as well. The very common view that the sport-touring tires are quite sufficient on the street offering great longevity and plenty of grip. They can scrape their knee sliders while riding on these tires with confidence.
IMO, there is no need for sport tires for a bike that is not really a sport bike, just looks like one.

CtrlAltDl

I ride in the rain probably a 100 days a year and here is my list of favorite tires:
1. Bridgestone Hypersport S20
2. Pilot Road 2
3. Pilot Power 2

The S20 is bar none the stickiest tire I've run, especially in the rain, but it wears quickly (4K).

I haven't tried the Pilot Road 3, but I'm sure I'll try them next.

KillaCoDe

Ended up going with Q2's for now, when I need to replace these ill probably go for higher mileage but we will see how these do ;)

arse

I run q2. Love em. Get a front for free with purchase of rear.

jearnshaw

My stock tire is just about wiped out after 4k miles and after extensive research on tires I am torn in between the PR3's or the Pirelli Angel Gt's and from what I have read you cannot go wrong either way.

arse

i ran angels on my 6r, great tire as well

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member