Best Backpack EVER

CrazyCawi

Okay so today I went to the local Beeline yamaha stealership to pick up a filter, and while I was there I was talking to Dani(the owner) and an associate there and they commented on how windy it was today and I was out riding. While we were talking about it I got to thinking hey I wonder if they make any better backpacks then the one I was using. Well Turns out I found a pretty amazing backpack. Its listed for $200, and I was able to talk Dani the owner down to $75 because he said hes had it for a while and just doesnt have enough sport riders in the area to sell it :steve::steve::steve:
STEAL OF A DEAL!!!!!!!!!

Ratings out of 5:
Comfort: 4.5(hard to tilt your head back without preadjusting bag position probably my fault so without that its a 5.0)
Weight: 5
Aerodynamics: 5+++++
Functionality: 5

When I put it on I adjusted it standing up, It felt amazing I had 3 quarts of oil, an oil filter, filter wrench cap, My old backpack, pack of cigarettes, and my water bottle in it with tons more room. When it was on my back it didnt feel bulky at all. Now when I got on immediately I realised I wasnt adjusted for tucking to have my head tilted up, So at the next light I adjusted it as I sat in a tucked position. Here is the BEST part...My old backpack felt like in the wind would rip me around....I was travveling on the Interstate at 80+ mph in 30 mph cross winds...I even hit 108mph just to test it at high speed and NOT ONCE did I feel the wind against my back or shifting the pack, in fact it added to the aerodynamics of the tuck, it was unbelievable. Not even joking.

Here are some pictures of the pack. Now my bike is yellow...the pack is blue....but I couldnt pass up the deal. Prolly look weird having a yellow bike and a blue bag but Like I said The bag is INSANE how much it improved ride comfort in the wind.

View attachment 21164

New Bag Next to the old one

View attachment 21165

View attachment 21166

View attachment 21167

Integrated Cellphone Pocket

edk442

omg what is that! do they have another?i'd get you to go buy it and ship it to me (literally...not joking)

you said it'd been sitting around awhile, is this something thats been discontinued? i've never seen it before

CrazyCawi

Im going there wensday again to pick up my seca 750 filter and my tires for the FZ(pilot road 3's) Ill check with him for you!

It is literally amazing....I was speechless when I got off the bike

Click here to find it online

edk442

well son of a gun i looked on the yamaha website and there it is!

retails for $280 in canada and only available in team blue

edk442

i've honestly been looking for a good bag. nice simple lines, love the hardshell concept. except it clashes with my yellow bike of course but meh. would it be big enough to be used like a weekend-trip bag?

edk442

i'm not the biggest fan of the compartmentalized inside. the hardshell bags seem to be orientated towards the commuting businessman or student. i wish it were more like a mini moulded suitcase on your back

i think i'm looking for something more like this! perfect!

http://www.axioluggage.com/hybridxl_black.html

Last edited:

MikeN02

I don't like the hardshell, reminds me of a turtle BUT

THAT YAMAHA LOGO ON THE BACK!!

MUST... HAVE+

bigguybbr

I like that it's Yamaha branded, but I know I would put it down and someone would accidentally kick it, and it will inevitably get scratched up.

I'm looking at getting an Ogio Less Drag backpack. It's semi rigid, aerodynamic with waist and chest straps, can also carry a helmet while you are riding (say for picking up a passenger), and has a lifetime replacement warranty. It seems to be going for about $99 everywhere. Most importantly, it's black, so it matches my bike perfectly. :thumbup:

http://ogio.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/e/lessdrag_stealth_11_600x.jpg
http://ogio.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/e/lessdrag_helmethood_11_600x.jpg
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV4UJJssS_U]YouTube - OGIO LESS DRAG BACKPACK review mtn motorsports[/ame]

Motorcentric makes a Centrek backpack that seems to be a bit of a rip off of the Ogio, at about half the price ($54) You be the judge.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bgWCZIaQeU&NR=1]YouTube - MotoCentric Centrek Backpack[/ame]

I think since I still have a $40 credit at motorcyclegear, I'm going to grab the Ogio. $60 shipped to my door for a nice bag seems like a fair deal to me.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Detrich

that's freaking awesome CC.... it's TYB too! gosh, now i want one also... lol :p

how does it feel on top of a jacke with an aero hump? ie does it get in the way?

JSP

Super Moderator
I believe thats why most track suits have the turtle hump on them... for aerodynamics.

CrazyCawi

It feels amazing on top of a jacket it doesnt get in the way you just have to set the fitment up while your tucking, but its got easy adjust locking straps so even at 70 mph i could adjust the straps. perfect bag