Bell Star Helmet Review(picture/video intensive)

Sparkxx1

This is my full review now that I have ridden with it!

This is a short video review you guys can watch.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfP40J8AAMY]YouTube - Bell Star Helmet Revew[/ame]

I bought it at Motorcycle Closeouts
They get 5 stars for sending me a new visor the day I told them the original was defective and it arrived 3 days later! (Not counting Sunday)

It came with:
-an extra set of firm cheekpads
-vent lube/cleaner
-Awesome bag for Helmet
-Extra Visor Pouch

I only have a two gripes I guess
-Breath guard comes off really easily compared to the icon which has never come off. I'm about to just glue it down at this point.
-Never use plastic cleaner on the visor or you might ruin the nutrafog film and then the visor sucks balls. Other than that if you keep the film on there(it's on the inside) It like makes the world pop into clearer vision somehow. It takes a bit to get used to.

The two most awesome features is:
-No need for ear plugs, yeah I know it seems unlikely but at 80 mph with the vents closed, I could barely hear the wind and I heard traffic so much clearer.
Vents and moves alot of air I can feel the air on my scalp at like 70 mph. Pretty awesome.
- Vents are really well made, they snap into position with ease and the whole helmet is easy to put on with gloves. I could never have put the icon on with my gloves on...

Pictures:
The bag is really plush inside and it is very well built. I usually put my helmet in and it keeps the outside nice and shiny!You can see the extra cheek pads, the cleaner, and the extra visor cover.

The paintjob is just gorgeous, look at how it shines!

You can see the optional track strip. I put it on because it vents more air and I like to ride mildly aggressive(not reckless).

How I hate thee!

Yeah, I take my bike out through that door every time I come out...I actually have to take the bar ends off every time and keep them on the windowsill or the bike doesn't go through.

Lots of red lol!

CrazyCawi

Excellent review. Sounds like its quieter than my vortex which shocks me as I figured the race helmet would be louder! The helmet looks amazing!

Sparkxx1

Excellent review. Sounds like its quieter than my vortex which shocks me as I figured the race helmet would be louder! The helmet looks amazing!
Thank you :) I try!

If any of you play black ops after the video review one of my clips shows up. Watch it! :D It's only 30 seconds but it's pretty decent.

Krappy

GET YOUR LICENSE. ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU SAID YOU LIKE TO RIDE AGGRESSIVE. YOU ARE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE. It is a nice helmet though.

iSpoolin

GET YOUR LICENSE. ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU SAID YOU LIKE TO RIDE AGGRESSIVE. YOU ARE GOING TO HURT YOURSELF OR SOMEONE ELSE. It is a nice helmet though.
When did he say he didn't have his liscense?

and why would it matter if he did have them or not when it came to riding aggressive its just as dangerous weather your liscensed or not.

Good Review Sparxx! I might have to replace the Exo 1000 here soon :cool:

Sparkxx1

I don't like to ride too aggressive, but I live in NYC. Everyone has "busy lives" and apparently it's "okay" for the majority to use their cell phones. Even my damn dad and cousin do it, If I'm driving I don't do anything else, you can call me later. It's do or die honestly these taxi's and cager's are merciless. When I mean aggressive is riding 5-10 mph above the speed limit, I feel if I stay exactly in traffic I might get squished. Many of these drivers are constantly on their phones so I always watch the front wheels in preparation. And I never ever ride next to a car incase they're not paying attention. Posted speed limit is 55, but the flow of traffic is at 65-70 most times.This time 'm going to leave my house an hour and a half to two hours early to account for traffic :( Last time I tried to go take it, everything in that area was so backed up I got there an hour late, and I left with a decent amount of time.

When did he say he didn't have his liscense?

and why would it matter if he did have them or not when it came to riding aggressive its just as dangerous weather your liscensed or not.

Good Review Sparxx! I might have to replace the Exo 1000 here soon :cool:
I mentioned it in the video. I've had previous experience before the fz6r, and I am trying to get my license as fast as I can, but they sure make it hard in NY. Especially when the 3 road test locations for my house are not giving exams right now. I picked one that's 45 min away for june 15th(closest date). I just need a trailer to tow the bike because I have nobody to ride it there.technically you're not supposed to "ride/drive" (depending which you're going to take) to the road test location. I have my license in other countries but they don't accept the transfer...:\

Last edited: