Been awhile.. fj9?

ej'sfz

Been a long time since I've been in here... so much goin on with a new job trying to buy a house and getting screwed over in the process... any way, been thinkin about trading in the fz lately for am fj9... somwthin a little more touring oriented with more power.. any body here have experience with them? Any info would be great Tha ks!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

yellowfz

Go take a look at the Kawasaki Versys 1000, I am telling you it is REAL nice, feels like an electric engine pulling through the RPMs, MAP is perfect, shifts buttery smooth, I like to not use the clutch once I take off and just do the roll back throttle a little and up shift, the Kawasaki is like a greased pig, smooth and slick, great seating as well.

Not a fan of the 3 modes for breaking and the 3 for torque, but feel is nice, 127hp is not bad either.

I am not brand specific, well Japanese wise that is, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda matters not, if I like the fit and feel any one of the 4 will do.

Exhaust looks easily modified on the Kawasaki Versys 1000 too, I do my own.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

yellowfz

I honestly been eyeing the Versys 650 myself. Comes with a lot of goodies for a fair price (LT version). Huge fuel tank and good MPG. Kind of nice to have a real tack too lol

Versys 1K is a killer ride too but the Versys would be for long ride, probably 2up so to me the 650 would be sufficient. If I want to go fast I can use the FZ09 :rolleyes:

Then again, I would consider a Versys over a FJ09 if I had to buy one like now. Just something sexy about it... If Yammy bring a FJ07 then it might be a game changer to me
I didn't get to ride the 650 that day, wife wanted to leave, 650 looks as good as the 1000.
The 1000 is so manageable on power you don't really know that you are on a liter bike.
The bike has a lean angle power compensator, works real well, I took a couple of corners without hitting the brakes, the bike seemed to flow through as if guided by something, hard to describe, weird feeling, good, but weird.

ej'sfz

Good feed back folks thanks, unfortunately yet fortunately the house hunt is back on so the upgrade just may have to take a backseat to owning the garage in which to store said toys lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member