Be careful out there.

Detrich

damn. sorry to hear about this.

speedy recovery man.

:(

oorgle

Thanks for all the well wishes. I do currently plan on riding the fz again but obviously not for at least a few months, and who knows I may change my mind after going through this. Time will Tell. I definately do not want to go through this again. I woke up last night after the pain killers wore off and could barely move. I am so grateful for the friends and family i have that are helping me through this.

I have an appointment to see my primary doctor tomorrow to find out what i have to expect for the next few months. I also want to know what is going on with my neck since the neurosurgeon told me i had broken it at some point in the past.

I remember watching an interview with Jeb Corliss the wingsuit guy. He said that every time he jumps from a cliff or plane he doesn't expect to come back. He knows the risks and accepts the risks and chooses to overcome the fear and just do it.

I don't necessarily have the same moto but when i get on 2 wheels I always know something really bad could happen. Its part of riding, hell its part of life. You never know what will happen, but if you resolve yourself to give up just because something COULD happen you may as well lock yourself in a room and hide from the world. That's being alive, but that is not living.

Time will ultimately tell as to what i decide to do. I appreciate all comments and opinions about my situation and hope none of the good folks here ever has to go through what I am going through. Whether i ride again or not this is going to be a life changing injury and something i probably have to deal with for the rest of my life. I hope all the new riders we have on the forums can learn something from my experience and use that knowledge to keep themselves safe.

Again thanks for all the comments. I am taking all of them to heart and will be taking all opinions into account when i decide to ride again or not.

cheers
Kurtis

CDN6R

OMG,, This is the first time I read this post. I am really sorry about your accident and your resulting injuries. God speed my friend,,, heal up soon and be careful what ever you decide. Laurie

FazerWest

Thanks for all the well wishes. I do currently plan on riding the fz again but obviously not for at least a few months, and who knows I may change my mind after going through this. Time will Tell. I definately do not want to go through this again. I woke up last night after the pain killers wore off and could barely move. I am so grateful for the friends and family i have that are helping me through this.

I have an appointment to see my primary doctor tomorrow to find out what i have to expect for the next few months. I also want to know what is going on with my neck since the neurosurgeon told me i had broken it at some point in the past.

I remember watching an interview with Jeb Corliss the wingsuit guy. He said that every time he jumps from a cliff or plane he doesn't expect to come back. He knows the risks and accepts the risks and chooses to overcome the fear and just do it.

I don't necessarily have the same moto but when i get on 2 wheels I always know something really bad could happen. Its part of riding, hell its part of life. You never know what will happen, but if you resolve yourself to give up just because something COULD happen you may as well lock yourself in a room and hide from the world. That's being alive, but that is not living.

Time will ultimately tell as to what i decide to do. I appreciate all comments and opinions about my situation and hope none of the good folks here ever has to go through what I am going through. Whether i ride again or not this is going to be a life changing injury and something i probably have to deal with for the rest of my life. I hope all the new riders we have on the forums can learn something from my experience and use that knowledge to keep themselves safe.

Again thanks for all the comments. I am taking all of them to heart and will be taking all opinions into account when i decide to ride again or not.

cheers
Kurtis
Wow kurtis, I am so sorry you had to go through this, its so strange to hear this and see the original post because that SAME day my brother in law's friend on an r6 had a guy pull out in front of him and broke his L4 and L5 in anchorage, I just cant believe how lucky you are, I am so glad you are ok even though you have a lot of pain. Only YOU will know if you are capable of riding again, it's a mental strength, and inner strenth that you are either able to overcome or you will not. After my accident I had months of not walking to lay around and contemplate it, and after I started walking again, and being in south dakota and seeing all the bikes, I missed that feeling of freedom, and for me (I had horrible PTSD, i would cry even in the car, histerically!) I would rather have that feeling of freedom, and that feeling of living, than live in fear and regret. I didnt want to be that person that let fear control me, because you are right every DAY is a risk, we could be sitting at the hair salon and a car could plow through the front of the building and BAM lights out!! we NEVER know, and that is what life is, and I am really proud of you that these thoughts are going through your mind, but for now focus on healing, and getting better, only THEN can you focus on what is important later.

Praying for a speedy recovery for you.
-Alison