Battlefield 3

b_who

Ive bin playing this on the 360 and its alright
Good game but not as good as the media hyped it to be, it trys to be like cod in certain ways
Ive played cod4 all the way till now and ive played a lot of battlefields and i liked how it was NOT cod.i definatley get the feel there trying be like cod a bit and take them out, its all nice and shiny visually but thats it for me, ive bin a big cod fan but not a fanboy i like the games but they needed to change the outdated engine infinity ward is using evening though its "2.0" but it looks exactly the same
I hope they fix the bugs but to me im like eh about it
Its a really good game hopefully i just need more timr on it sense ive only played till lvl 9 about an hour
So will see if i hop on the band wagon and get it
Not to sure

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

dcBear78

On PC the match maker doesn't seem to work (in my experience). You have to go through to the server filter and search yourself. Not sure about you guys but every single server here in Australia is being smashed. Takes me longer to actually get a spot than the time I play before getting a server disconnect.

When I am playing I am loving it though.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Fyren

Very underwhelming. I got both the PS3 and Origin beta and I found gripes with both versions.

In the PC version, curse you Origin, I couldn't access the "Caspian" map, so there were no vehicles involved. The staple hallmark of the BF/OF franchise is 10 guys jumping out of a cargo plane and using my sidewinder joystick to handle a chopper. I was not able to experience either of those. -1

The PS3 version had too many tearing on the screen. I understand this is needed to compensate for the limited hardware capability but it is absolutely distracting on a LED screen. Uninstalled right away and decided to keep PC version. Also 12 vs 12. -2

Sweet animations, VOIP failure on the PS3 headset. +-0

Lack of 4km x 4km maps. Not sure why Wake/Dragon Alley type maps weren't used for beta especially if testing for server stress. Unless the hardware limitation is glaringly obvious in the consoles and D.I.C.E didn't want to limit sales.

Gameplay-wise, I don't know. It just seems gimped and does not feel like 1942-2142. I'll wait till retail and see how the maps fare before forking over my money. There are just too many releases in October/November to budget around.

Last edited:

Mr Citrus

Finally got in this morning! I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME!! Graphics are BEAUTIFULL!! Controls (hud etc) a bit different from when I last played PC fps such as BF2/2142, but getting used to it. Cant figure out how to get into a "settings menu" to check the settings. Any info on this? Whatever it is though, if this is not defaulting to the highest settings I cant wait to adjust them!!!

My computer exceeds the system spec requirements per System Requirements Lab and my computer is already 4 years old.
Q6600 2.4ghz Quad Core
Win 7 64
8 GB Ram
EVGA Superclocked 560TI

So you could probably comfortably play this game with a good video card and ram and even the old dual cores.
once you spawn, you can hit escape, and mess with settings there. For some reason you cannot go into options while you are dead:rolleyes:

mjesenovec

Finally got in this morning! I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME!! Graphics are BEAUTIFULL!! Controls (hud etc) a bit different from when I last played PC fps such as BF2/2142, but getting used to it. Cant figure out how to get into a "settings menu" to check the settings. Any info on this? Whatever it is though, if this is not defaulting to the highest settings I cant wait to adjust them!!!

My computer exceeds the system spec requirements per System Requirements Lab and my computer is already 4 years old.
Q6600 2.4ghz Quad Core
Win 7 64
8 GB Ram
EVGA Superclocked 560TI

So you could probably comfortably play this game with a good video card and ram and even the old dual cores.
That's a solid setup. I have a computer I built about 3 Christmases ago now, and it's almost the same specs. My Q6600 is overclocked to 3.0GHz though. I also have 8GB of DDR2-800, 300GB Velociraptor C: drive, Windows 7 64. The only big difference is I'm still rocking an older GTX 260 Black Edition. I was able to run Crysis on high settings (not maxed, but high) with no framerate issues. so it's solid. I just never play games on my pc, so it's pretty funny I built one for gaming. It's nice knowing it can handle anything I throw at it though.

dcBear78

That's a solid setup. I have a computer I built about 3 Christmases ago now, and it's almost the same specs. My Q6600 is overclocked to 3.0GHz though. I also have 8GB of DDR2-800, 300GB Velociraptor C: drive, Windows 7 64. The only big difference is I'm still rocking an older GTX 260 Black Edition. I was able to run Crysis on high settings (not maxed, but high) with no framerate issues. so it's solid. I just never play games on my pc, so it's pretty funny I built one for gaming. It's nice knowing it can handle anything I throw at it though.
Mine is very similar too. Q6600 @3.6Ghz GTX260+ on the auto setting (combo of highs and medium) in 2 minutes of gaming I got min:26 max:62 avg:40 which to me is more than acceptable. Just want a beefier video card to ramp up the pretties.

Spunky99

I'm eagerly awaiting my new video card to play Battlefield 3. A EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti DS Superclocked 1024 MB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 2DVI/Mini-HDMI SLI Ready Graphics Card, 01G-P3-1567-KR.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit and it has Direct-X 11 native. My current video card is a ATI Radeon HD2900XT 512MB PCI Express and it only does Direct-X 10 hardware. You need Direct-X 10.1 compatability in the hardware on a Radeon card and mine won't do it. I get this nasty error every time I start the game. If I was running Vista or XP, I could fool the game and fudge it with a hack but not with Windows 7 64bit.

I paid almost 500 bucks for the card back in 2007 and it'll go into a XP replacement barebones I'm building for my son who plays an X-box 360. I guess it's about time I upgraded the video card. I put in 8GB of ram to go with the Core 2 Quad 9550 a while back and 5 T of HD. Too bad I can't get the game to play across the dual 24" monitors...LOL

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I played on 360's free beta, gorgeous game

linkgt

I want this game just to shove it in Activisions face. I have a GTX 260 overclocked and I think it should do the job somewhat if I lower the graphics down a bit. Cant stand to play another COD game again.

Spunky99

Crap...the demo ended on 10/10/2011......I got to play a few times with my new card but darn....it ended too early.

LOL...I installed the latest beta drivers that were another step above what BF3 required and 3DMark refused to save my test score because I wasn't using WHQL drivers.....I had the top score on any system in my range too....
Intel 9550 core 2 quad at 2.9 and the card at factoru OC 900 mhz with 8gb ram and it totally kicked pixel butt.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Kdubb223

Driving up to LA. Saw a few billboards too :D

Attachments

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member