battery bolt size

NoDoze

Hello there! First post here. :)

My 2-week-old fz6r was violated last night while inside my apartment parking structure. I discovered this when I got to my bike about to ride to work. The cover was undone half-way, seat was ripped off and the under seat base was cracked in two pieces and on the ground!

After a few minutes of assessment, it looks like the thief took my battery while cutting the leads to it. Grrr! :mad:

So now I'm trying to replace the broken parts and cables. I found most of the OEM part numbers for the missing parts online but I'm just wondering if anyone knows the size of the battery bolts?

I'm also looking for the OEM part number for the rubber belt that secures the battery down.

Anyone have the service manual in .pdf format?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

FitZ6R

Hello, welcome, congrates on the new bike,and GEEZ that really sucks!

The somewhat good news is that bolts are probably included with the new battery.

NoDoze

Thanks for your reply :) I sure hope the OEM battery does come with the battery bolts.

I know right? The bike is barely broken in and someone else other than me has touched it's insides :( Oh well, there's nothing much I can do about the past but learn from it and make the bike more secure than before.

I did find all the part numbers from Yamaha's parts catalog online:
My Yamaha Prompt - Parts Catalog

Here's to hoping my parts come in soon and that the bike doesn't need anything else to get it running again before the rain starts pouring :)

Chip

Wow who the hell steals a motorcycle battery?

Anyways, good luck getting it back together! Have you considered an alarm yet?

RockZooky

The head of the bolt on the battery is a 10mm or a #3 phillips

Whoops you need the size bolt incase the new one doesn't come with new ones. Just bring it into the hardware store and see what fits.

Last edited:

Top1Dog525

Wow who the hell steals a motorcycle battery?
I work at AutoZone... people steal air fresheners, so a motorcycle battery is no surprise...lol.

Sorry it had to happen to ya bro, best of luck getting everything back up and running.