Bad vibration in engine over 6K RPM

SLC

I was riding my bike last night when I noticed that it had a bad vibration on take off but went away until I hit 6K RPM and over. I figured it was a fluke but it kept doing the same thing over and over. Obviously I drove it straight to my local dealer and dropped it off.

The bike is an 09 with 1200 miles. I had it serviced at 600 like I should.

I have not heard from the service dept yet.

Has anyone heard of something like this?

DragonBlu

I just went though the same kind of thing last week. It turned out to be the throttle body out of sync. That's what the dealer told me. I thought I had gotten water in the gas,so that is what they checked for first and then sync'ed the thing and it runs fine now. It cost me $165 to find out I should have sync'ed it myself at the first service. Hope that's all it is for you.

SLC

Mine is still under warranty, I even purchased Yamaha's 3yr extended warranty. I ain't paying for S**T. :rant:

DragonBlu

Mine is still under warranty, I even purchased Yamaha's 3yr extended warranty. I ain't paying for S**T. :rant:
That's the attitude I had and I say "give em hell". BUT, they told me sync is a tuneup thing and it's not covered. They are right,but I say fight em anyway. Good Luck!

Newmason

Dragons right, considered a tune up, which reall sucks, because its going to happen sooner than later that you will need to sync them. I think I am going to have to sync mine here soon as I have am starting to get a bit of a rough idle

JonKerr

Elite Member

SLC

They better not charge me for shit or they will be talking to my attorney. A brand new bike shouldn't need anything but gas and oil for some serious mileage.

This bike is starting to be like my boat.... a money pit.

*Just got off the phone with the service manager of the dealership where I purchased the bike and he said it should not need TB sync as that is rarely needed and it could be the chain as it might have stretched a little. He said it will be covered under warranty no matter what the cause. Also stated he wouldn't charge for a sync even if it was. if my local dealer trys to screw me I will load it on to my truck and drive 3 hours south for a job well done....and free (except for the gas and food).

Last edited:

SLC

They just called and told me it must have been bad gas as they drained it, refilled it with new gas and a FI cleaner and she is running smooth.

I don't ride it every day but it gets ridden at least once a week. I only put 93 in it as well.

WEIRD!

Still no charge.:)

MikeN02

They just called and told me it must have been bad gas as they drained it, refilled it with new gas and a FI cleaner and she is running smooth.

I don't ride it every day but it gets ridden at least once a week. I only put 93 in it as well.

WEIRD!

Still no charge.:)
Wow great! I find it odd that you ride once a week though... maybe cause I ride mine everyday... hmmmm

JSP

Super Moderator
They better not charge me for shit or they will be talking to my attorney. A brand new bike shouldn't need anything but gas and oil for some serious mileage.

This bike is starting to be like my boat.... a money pit.

*Just got off the phone with the service manager of the dealership where I purchased the bike and he said it should not need TB sync as that is rarely needed and it could be the chain as it might have stretched a little. He said it will be covered under warranty no matter what the cause. Also stated he wouldn't charge for a sync even if it was. if my local dealer trys to screw me I will load it on to my truck and drive 3 hours south for a job well done....and free (except for the gas and food).
You have a responsibility to do a few things that are not covered under warranty. Most all of these things are explained BEFORE you buy an extended warranty, in the main warranty book, etc.

Throttle body sync is not covered, oil is not, chain maint. (clean/lube/adjust tension) is not, brakes, tires, clutch wear, etc. Only if it is a manufactures defect will they cover these items in the warranty period.

Talking to your attorney? Come on now.... everything that is covered is stated in the warranty manuals. Breathe... :thumbup:

DragonBlu

Hey, some of us may have a little blood from the old country in us. We get hot,,,we cool off. Everythings fine,,,No?

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

MikeN02

A lot of us have a bike as a weekend toy, not a mode of transportation. I usually get the bike out on the weekend only unless I can get to one of the bike nights during the week sometime.
I guess I'm one of the few who uses it for a toy and transportation. Basically using it as a toy all the time!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

MikeN02

Hah, just admit it, your just jealous of those of us that can ride it every day:D

Yeah, it's a mode of transport.... a weekend getaway... and a whole lot more....
I do understand there are jobs where you can't take your baby to work...
but I do enjoy my lunchtime rides and looking forward to the end of the day ride home. I don't have to wait for the weekend to have fun!:steve::steve::steve:
True, people have smoke breaks... I have bike breaks... seriously though there's nothing that gets rid of my stress more than a bike ride when there is a hard day at work.

JonKerr

Elite Member

SLC

I do use it for transportation but I work from home so most of the time I don't have to go anywhere but if I do it is usually with the wifey and we take our truck.

Besides, people in Florida (the older ones) can't drive for shit and it is just plain scary.

Thanks to everyone who chimed in.