Back after 4 years of not riding

Ok guys don't beat me up to bad. I have an 09 FZ6R and it just hit 600 miles today. Being military I was away from my bike for many years. I have many injuries that keep me from riding. Last time I rode it was in 2015. I dislocated my right knee patella for the 4th time in July of 2015. Since then I lost the passion to ride. I let the bike sit for 4 years and finally checked it this week. Of course it was covered and still looks brand new being 10 years old. The only negative I found on the bike was the coolant reservoir was totally empty as all the coolant in it evaporated after the 4 years. I checked the radiator and it was full. So I just added coolant to the reservoir to bring it up to the full mark. I cleaned and adjusted the chain and put fresh gas in it. Also I had to buy a new battery. Taking it this week to change all fluids and replace all brake lines. I just rode it today for 20 miles and it ran perfect. I stopped after 20 miles due to my hands getting numb. Once I get it serviced I plan on riding it a few days a week. I may keep it or sell it not sure yet. I have my eyes on a Yamaha R3 with ABS just for fun and casual rides. Cost is $5,299.99. I know it's only a 321cc bike but it's just for fun. Anyway I'm glad to be back and hope to participate in the forum.

Just_Jim

You should replace the tires too. They probably look brand new, but 10 year-old tires are not very safe.

You should replace the tires too. They probably look brand new, but 10 year-old tires are not very safe.
Yes I am I just forgot to mention it. I'm going with the Dunlop Roadsmart III. Thanks for the reply.

BluePill

The R3 can make a good local-only scoot, but you may find the ergonomics are designed for smallish riders. Don't forget to do a brake fluid change on the 6R - ten years is too long.

The R3 can make a good local-only scoot, but you may find the ergonomics are designed for smallish riders. Don't forget to do a brake fluid change on the 6R - ten years is too long.
Oh yeah definitely changing the brake fluid and brake lines. Thanks for your reply.