Atlanta area riders (Georgia)

Chevyfazer

I have been seeing fz6r's all over the Atlanta area lately even out into paulding, way more 6R's on the road it seems than fz6s. So who all here is from the Atlanta area or just Georgia We got a pretty good group on the other forum that rides so we ought to get both groups together and ride. Here's some links to our ride last weekend to cherohala and the dragon http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/46088-pics-pics-more-pics-sat-trip.html#post501998

http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/im-going-ride-you-comin/45048-2012-summer-ride-blood-mountain-cherohala-skyway-tail-dragon.html#post490196

BKP

I don't know of any other FZ6Rs in the Atlanta area, other than myself, and rhnatyk (on this forum). We just rode together for the first time this past weekend, and we're planning another up to Rider's Hill next weekend...

Always interested in new ride buddies, and new routes...

Chevyfazer

I don't know of any other FZ6Rs in the Atlanta area, other than myself, and rhnatyk (on this forum). We just rode together for the first time this past weekend, and we're planning another up to Rider's Hill next weekend...

Always interested in new ride buddies, and new routes...
No joke I've literally seen over 10 different 6r's over the last month. I guess a lot of them don't know about the forum? Where did y'all ride too? I normally ride up to blood mountain, wolf pen gap and do the whole six gap sometimes, all are great places to ride if you haven't been there. Might have to meet up with y'all next weekend of yall don't mind.

Also I'm in a facebook group called GA F.A.ST (fighters and standards) its a great group of riders, not squids, who someone rides pretty much every weekend. Another local forum is blokesportbikes.com I'm not on it but have rode with several of there members, a real tight nit group also riding a lot.

BKP

We're headed up to Riders Hill for lunch, which is on Route 9, in Dahlonega, just short Blood Mountain. Ridershill.com. It's a bike shop and cafe. I don't think we'll be doing Blood Mountain that day (been there, done that, on multiple bikes), however, you're more than welcome to join us. This will be more of a scenic ride as opposed to adrenalin, however, that route itself (Route 9), offers its share of twisties.

We're planning next Sunday, the 9th. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll PM you the particulars.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Chevyfazer

Yea we meet at riders hill most of the time, it's a good central place to meet, that or turners. But I'll let you know a little later on in the week.

sammy56

I am in ATL....Dunwoody area. Ride all the time.
Happy to meet up some day.

LB

BKP

I am in ATL....Dunwoody area. Ride all the time.
Happy to meet up some day.

LB
I think Richard had mentioned you when we rode. You're certainly welcome to join the next....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rhnatyk

I'm in Brookhaven and have ridden with both LB(Sammy56) and Barry (BKP). I ride purely for recreation and usually keep my rides to about 4-5 hours. I've ridden the mountains many times (Suches Loop, Blood Mountain, Richard Russell, etc), but I prefer more leisurely rides through the country.

Barry and I are going to ride next Sunday the 9th (weather permitting) up to Rider's Hill for lunch. The route is from Brookhaven to Barry's house in John's Creek. From there we'll be heading up around Buford Dam, around Lake Lanier to Clermont, Cleveland, and Dahlonega.

From Brookhaven it should be about 2.5 hours each way (2.0 hours from Johns Creek) and about a 1 hour layover for lunch. I'll probably head out at 10:00.

You're both welcome to join us for all or part of the ride. Just let us know.

p.s. Lawrence ... I never really got comfortable on the BMW (too big and heavy), so I'm back on a 2011 FZ6R. Feels like coming home :)

sammy56

Richard,
Glad you are back on a bike you enjoy more, but too bad the other ride did not work out.
Looking forward to riding with you all soon.

LB

just snagged my 6r a few weeks ago. out of mcdonough/griffin south of atlanta. ill be following y'all in case of any events.:)

derf1278

Hey Al, welcome to the forum, I'm over in Decatur and ride with a bunch of guys from all over the metro area. Looking forward to meeting and riding with ya.

Therzdae

:zombie:

Howdee... picked my 6r up in 2011 dunno why ive never found this area on the forums before now but usually I am daily active on the "FZ6R forum members" facebook page... any who I am local to Woodstock... let me know if yall wanna get together... preferable a non 40 degree or less day. lol.

Oh my name is Brice btw.

lark

Hey guys, I'm from Kennesaw. Picked up my fz6r in Nov. Haven't ridden much due to extreme work schedule and cold weather. I am at KSU, too. White and red, let me know of any goings on. Looking at Bike Week coming up in January. anyone else?

ricburns

Hey Guys! Im a new member here, from Smyrna. I got my all black 6R in Feb. looking forward to meeting and riding with y'all. Please be sure to include me in the upcomings around Atlanta. :Sport:

-Deva

lark

Any of y'all have clip ons? I wanted to see how drastically it'll change the sit position for my 5'7 reach lol. Would meet up for lunch somewhere if somebody doesn't mind.