Anyone else think this paint on the FZ8 is cool?

Superzoom

I think these may be anniversary colours. I've been thinking for a while the FZ8 would make a nice minor upgrade from the FZ6R, as it's slightly better in almost every way. My finances, of course, say SHADDUP.

Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

Got to see a FZ8 up close at a bike night a few weeks ago , nice but no fairing like ours .
Guy said he had it for a couple of weeks , said he chose it over a Triumph Street Triple , said good choice .

Osoreru

I can't actually see those pictures you posted, for some reason. Not sure what's going on with that, but:

I was going to buy the FZ8 myself, right up until they got my 6R in at the dealer. The FZ8 was just barely out of my "comfort zone" price range, and the 6R ended up fitting in perfectly. As far as looks go, the reddish copper 6R, to me, is much better than the FZ8. I really want to jump on one though and see if it handles and rides as smoothly as the 6R. If it does, I may be hard pressed not to upgrade to it later down the road.

Fizzer6R

love those colors. that can looks awful! i'd make the rims gold :thumbup:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

roadrat

Is this it? 50th Anniversary edition FZ8

Osoreru

Oddly enough, I think I'd like that 50th anniversary one better if the front...wheel guard? fender? whatever it's called...was white instead of red. I'm just not a huge fan of red, though.

Superzoom

love those colors. that can looks awful! i'd make the rims gold :thumbup:
Gold rims might be good.

I miss round cans. I think the weird one on the FZ8 at least isn't as bad as some of the atrocities on bikes these days.

I'm just starting to get used to the newest naked bikes like the FZ8. I think a really beautiful modern standard is the SV650...

I saw one in the flesh, and it's a knockout.

Last edited:

Superzoom

I was going to buy the FZ8 myself, right up until they got my 6R in at the dealer. The FZ8 was just barely out of my "comfort zone" price range, and the 6R ended up fitting in perfectly. As far as looks go, the reddish copper 6R, to me, is much better than the FZ8. I really want to jump on one though and see if it handles and rides as smoothly as the 6R. If it does, I may be hard pressed not to upgrade to it later down the road.
The FZ8 got a great review in one of my magazines. I suspect most of us would love the motor. Just as street friendly as the FZ6R, but with more torque and horsepower everywhere.

yfz6r

The fz8 is a neat bike. I love the feel of having nothing in front of the handlebars and no vibrating plastic, but not for long rides. Also, they are so light, I've heard many people say its neck and neck with the r1 untill about 90 mph

Superzoom

The fz8 is a neat bike. I love the feel of having nothing in front of the handlebars and no vibrating plastic, but not for long rides. Also, they are so light, I've heard many people say its neck and neck with the r1 untill about 90 mph
Wow, I guess that would make the FZ8 the definition of a real world bike. Fast enough for 99% of your street riding. I'm a huge fan of a meaty torque curve, although I've learned to enjoy keeping our little 600 engine sizzling in the upper RPM range.

The surprising thing with naked bikes is that the airflow is super clean. None of the turbulence created by our fairings or windscreen. The big disadvantage is the blast pushes on your torso, so you do need some lean on forward handlebars.

Y

yellowfz

Wow, I guess that would make the FZ8 the definition of a real world bike. Fast enough for 99% of your street riding. I'm a huge fan of a meaty torque curve, although I've learned to enjoy keeping our little 600 engine sizzling in the upper RPM range.

The surprising thing with naked bikes is that the airflow is super clean. None of the turbulence created by our fairings or windscreen. The big disadvantage is the blast pushes on your torso, so you do need some lean on forward handlebars.
Not to mention a faring helps plant you to the pavement with down forces from it at higher speeds , gosh if a faring where so bad why do they use them on race bikes ? :confused:
Harley's don't have a faring . :eek:
If it had a faring I would buy a FZ8 , well maybe next years model will .

Superzoom

Not to mention a faring helps plant you to the pavement with down forces from it at higher speeds , gosh if a faring where so bad why do they use them on race bikes ? :confused:
I don't think a fairing is at all designed to create downforce. A fairings primary purpose is to reduce the coefficient of drag. The only time you need downforce is when you are turning, and when a bike is turning it is leaned over. Any extra downforce would only increase the chances of low-siding, as the downforce would not be centred over the tire contact patch.

Cars can use downforce in turns because the force is applied straight down over the wheels. That same downforce actually makes the car slower in the straights, though.

Chucker

If it had a faring I would buy a FZ8 , well maybe next years model will .
Do you not have the Fazer 8 in the U.S.? We have it in Canada.

Attachments