Another FZ6R to XJ6 Conversion

Vath

Dave, I had a quick question about your parts.

I have just about saved up enough money to start my conversion so I was going over your list. I plan on doing bar end mirrors on mine, so do I need that holder that is listed under the mirrors?

This is the one I am asking about:
1B3-82911-00-00 HOLDER, LEVER 1 $16.17

I don't see it listed on my part diagrams I am looking at so I am wondering if it is the part that holds the left mirror on or not.

Last edited:

DaveTheCanuck

Dave, I had a quick question about your parts.

I have just about saved up enough money to start my conversion so I was going over your list. I plan on doing bar end mirrors on mine, so do I need that holder that is listed under the mirrors?

This is the one I am asking about:
1B3-82911-00-00 HOLDER, LEVER 1 $16.17

I don't see it listed on my part diagrams I am looking at so I am wondering if it is the part that holds the left mirror on or not.
Yup, it's the clutch lever perch, but with a threaded mirror post on it as well. If you're using bar end mirrors, no need for it!

Don't forget pics when you start yours :D

DaveTheCanuck

These are the diagrams I used btw:

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/browser/manufacturer/yamaha/bike/xj6n/year/2011/model/xj6n-20sb-2011-050-a/country/france/colour/black-metallic-x

The perch I bought I think was off the north american FZ8. 100% identical to the one on the XJ6, so not sure why the part numbers are different. But it fit perfectly as expected. Yamaha uses the same on on all their bikes, even the FZ-07/09, etc.

Btw, most of the hardware (nuts, bolts, grommets, collars, etc.) can be sourced from north american dealerships and stores (partzilla, etc.) since they're common to NA bikes. See what you can get in the states first, then order the rest from overseas. Might be cheaper that way.

Last edited:

blueox600

Hey. Thanks for your post.. we have decided to convert my fz6r just as you did and ordered the parts from Matakos. They were absolutely great to deal with. Parts should arrive this week and are so excited to get at it.

DaveTheCanuck

Hey. Thanks for your post.. we have decided to convert my fz6r just as you did and ordered the parts from Matakos. They were absolutely great to deal with. Parts should arrive this week and are so excited to get at it.
Wicked, post pics when you do!

Damn I won't have the only XJ6 in Canada anymore :p

DaveTheCanuck

Good meeting you at L&L the other night (It's Andrew, with the yellow FZ6R) Your bike looks even better in person, man.

Going to L&L next week?
Hey! Thanks, nice meeting you too. I'm there every Thursday as long as the rain stays away :)

jWasylyshyn

Here's the part list I put together and ordered, as well as the retail prices...

^ Click the picture to get the spreadsheet ^

The prices provided should be used as examples only. Matakos reduced the final order price. Also these prices tend to vary over time depending on availability and currency.

I did NOT order the belly pan and respective brackets; I want to see how I like it without it first. I'm also keeping the FZ6R's split seats rather than the XJ6's banana boat. The spreadsheet does not include these parts.

Edit 4/28/2015: I've updated the list to include pieces I was missing.
Hello,

I really Like your finished project!! I was looking into the conversion for my 2010 fz6r. Do you happen to have a link or contact info to get the parts required? I tried searching through the Euro site and when it came to Yamaha parts and accessories.. the page was not in service. Any information you are able to give will help. Sorry for resurrecting an old post

james rusev

I know this thread was a whole ago, but Im currently in the process of doing a fz6r to xj6n conversion and im stuck at the headlight bracket/stay. can't figure out where to order or find. Ive been trying to contact Matakos Motors, but I can't reach his website or email. can someone help me?