Another FE for less than $20

SLAMF

Here is my homemade FE for less than $20. The only thing that really cost me was the flushmount rear signals which I got on EBAY for $16.00 total. I used 2 45degree brackets for the license plate, which can be picked up at any harware store for less than a buck. I also removed the bulb from the existing plate light and used it as you can see. Also there was no drilling for the flushmounts in case i ever want to take them off. I just ran the wires between the seems and cut a small notch. Hope this helps some people with limited funds like myself.

Attachments

RZ350 Rider

That looks pretty awesome. Did you have to drill holes for those turn signals into the surface their mounted to?

RZ350 Rider

SLAMF

no drilling required. Just ran the wires between the seams and cut the little notch. The signals attach with double sided tape.

S

sjryser

I love it...i dont have an R but sweet job man...way to be unique!

RZ350 Rider

Cool. The flush mount turn signals I got off of eBay have threaded studs where the wires go through, and kinda large plastic nuts to hold them on.

RZ350 Rider

Edited to add: Now you need the flush mounts on the front also. I'm going to put them at both ends myself.

SLAMF

Oh yeah they are on their way too. They should be even easier to do. I just don't like those big orange globes. They gotta go.

MNDZA

Look great....almost looks like one of those combined rear setups.

A

Andz

I've seen lots of fender eliminators but anything that reduces the safety equipment gets a big thumbs down. I have the RG Tail Tidy and it takes the standard indicators so there is no reduced visibility.

SLAMF

Thanks for the comments. These LED's are actually as bright as the stock signals. Still need to get resistors though to slow down the blinking.

Roaddawg

I've been thinking of making up my own FE. Can you put of a couple more pics on the brackets and from underneath?

phocoyote7

That is a sweet looking setup. The only thing I don't like is how far up the license plate is, but those signals are trick. Almost like a Gixxer look. :thumbup:

fz6recon

what kind of flush mounts are those? link?

SLAMF

Here's those pics for you Roaddawg. I didn't like it as high either but I wanted to leave enough room for the tire to come up and not hit the plate.

Attachments

Nautical05

Nice job man. as i recall we (FZ6R owners) also have the white light shining down on the license plate. What did you do with that/those wires?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That looks great! I am liking those new turn signal lights. :thumbup:

cbzdel

Nice job man. as i recall we (FZ6R owners) also have the white light shining down on the license plate. What did you do with that/those wires?
all the wires have termanial blocks under the right hand side of the grab bar, you have to take off the front and rear seat, take off the grab bar and then take off the piece of plastic that is under the grab bar. Look in the Compition Werkes FE thread, I posted its directions..

lilfuzz

Here is a FE that I fabed up. Used 4 mending braces that cost 3 bucks. Bent them to my liking. Used factory lights. Looks pretty clean to me.

SLAMF

That's pretty good with the factory lights. tidy up the wires a bit and your good to go. Are you using a plate light?