another conti motion tire thread

darksidefz6r

Well after talking with Marty a little bit, since he seems to be the most active member using/used these tires, I decided to give them a try. I've put about 200 miles on them and they are far better than factory bridgestones that came on the bike new when I got it. I will say Marty was correct when he told me these are a very underrated tire. They warm up considerably quicker than the BS's and grip a ton better too. I would greatly recommend these tires to about anyone, other than those clearly needing a pure sport tire. I will try to update his thread at times and post pics along the way too.

arse

thanks for the review, how much did you pay and from where?

darksidefz6r

I bought them from my local dealer since they were running a special and were only $10 more than online and I like to support local businesses. I bought tires and had them mounted and balanced all for right at $241. Now I did take my wheels off my bike and took just the wheels in to have them put on so that saved me about $80 total. I also ended up going with a wider rear tire as well. I went with a 180/55 and it is surprisingly rounded, much more so than the factory BS's in the 160/60 actually. There is more than enough room for the 180 as well since there has been some debates on if they would fit or not. I would no go any bigger than a 180 due to wheel width though.

Online about the cheapest place I found them at was here: Continental Conti Motion Sport Touring Radial Tires - Z-Rated - Package Specials: Tires: Street: Tire Express

^They do sell them individually as well but I needed to replace both tires so that's why I linked the page with them as a set.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

I agree, these are not a track tire. I have no experience with the PR2's so I can't agree/disagree there. These are however a much better tire than the BS's and feel much more confident in the twisties with these. Bike feels a lot more smooth in all aspects. These tires are awesome so far! Put about another 60 miles on them today.