Annoying vibration/buzzing sound

My bike has recently developed this very annoying vibration/buzzing sound from idle up to about 4000 rpm. At 4K, it will abruptly cease. I’m pretty sure it’s just something loose and resonating at those lower RPMs but I have no idea what. It seems to be coming from the front fairing area. It’s quite loud, I can hear it even with ear plugs in.

The only things I’ve done recently were an oil change, new chain/sprockets and new battery. I haven’t messed with anything in the front fairing area except for removing the horn bracket so I could put the bike on a triple tree stand.

I’ll just have to give everything a good going-over but wanted to post up a description of the problem just in case someone is like “oh yea, I had the same thing and it was......”.

So if anyone has any ideas off the top of their head, I’d appreciate you sharing!

Rix

I just bought a fz6r last week and it had this super annoying buzzing. I thought it was something wrong with the engine at first and I almost didnt buy the bike but then I found out it was the plastic piece under the windshield. I dont know if that's your problem buy try to press it down and see if that helps.. I ended up taking it off and gluing it back in with some caulking (silicone) to stop the vibration

nesnfred

My bike has recently developed this very annoying vibration/buzzing sound from idle up to about 4000 rpm. At 4K, it will abruptly cease. I’m pretty sure it’s just something loose and resonating at those lower RPMs but I have no idea what. It seems to be coming from the front fairing area. It’s quite loud, I can hear it even with ear plugs in.

The only things I’ve done recently were an oil change, new chain/sprockets and new battery. I haven’t messed with anything in the front fairing area except for removing the horn bracket so I could put the bike on a triple tree stand.

I’ll just have to give everything a good going-over but wanted to post up a description of the problem just in case someone is like “oh yea, I had the same thing and it was......”.

So if anyone has any ideas off the top of their head, I’d appreciate you sharing!

My FZ6R is a 2014 and has a buzzing sound every so often...I found it was my windscreen screws were not tightened down enough and every so often riding loosens them. They will strip easily so just snug them up a little and see if it goes away. My plastic piece like in the video has never been loose but if f the screws aren’t snugged well, the edges of the actual windscreen will hum...

2WheelsRplenty

Mine makes the same buzzing noise. It's the left front fairing. The one that touches the gas tank. If your riding and its buzzing, take your left hand and hold this piece of fairing firmly. For me, that stops the buzzing and so I wedged a piece of black foam under there to stop it.

Thanks guys, I’ll check those things too. It dawned on me that I had replaced the air filter at the start of the season so I maybe I left something loose under the tank. Still haven’t resolved this but I haven’t tried very hard yet either.
Thanks again.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member