Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Spunky99

We are already having problems with motorcycles with plastic fuel tanks. My Triumph's tank will stretch and swell with ethanol and replacing it is expensive. Coating the inside is an option but the failure rate of that protective surface is very high.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deanohh

Here are a couple of relavent comments by guys from another forum:

The whole corn fuel concept is bunk, at least at this time. Way more energy to plow, grow, harvest, transport, and to produce a gallon of fuel than the energy provided by that gallon of fuel. So to do it is really a net loss and waste of energy and resources. Plus it competes with using the grain for animal feed and drives the cost up for a lot of farm products bacause of that.

I agree; while I can see using some waste biomass for the production of ethanol, purposely using good food stock to fuel our vehicles while a billion people on this planet go to bed hungry every night is morally repulsive. It inflates the price world wide for staple food that the poor cannot afford.

JSP

Super Moderator
We are going to get to a point where changing fuel line will be part of a tune up! Imagine, most of carbs have plastic float. And you said your fuel tank is made out of plastic...

We have lots of issues with our 2 stroke outboards with this ethanol crap too... :rant: Do not like the stuff.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
A 2 stroke outboard? I thought for sure you'd have a V-8 on your boat. Something with a supercharger probably.. :)
haha, and its only a 5 hp at that! Little bugger screams, but moves like this guy :zombie::surrender:. Gets me to the fish though ;). One day I'll upgrade haha.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

2011FZ6R

You still haven't gotten your card and whatnot? I got mine maybe a week after I bought my membership, which I believe was around when you got yours. I've had mine since november. But I too got my first issue of the magazine yesterday.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member