aftermarket kickstand question..

mike

Have noticed all the pics i see of the aftermarket stands they don't sit flat on the pavement. Anyone know of one that does? Going to lower mine but don't want to come out on a hot summer day and find my bike laying down in the street. Any info would be appreciated.

Have noticed all the pics i see of the aftermarket stands they don't sit flat on the pavement. Anyone know of one that does? Going to lower mine but don't want to come out on a hot summer day and find my bike laying down in the street. Any info would be appreciated.
When you go out to the bar, order a can of beer. When finished with said beer, crush can and take home. Next time you ride, bring crushed can and place under stand when parking bike. Done. :D

Hope that help :p

To be serious, just crush a can of soda or whatever you have available (even a packed, flat disc of aluminum foil) that will increase the surface area of the kick stand to help it not sink in. Though the likelihood of this happening is not high anyways.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

aburnett

I have the PSR kickstand. Mine doesn't sit flush with the ground. I think my problem is that I have a 1.75" lowering link and didn't lower the front the same. It is currently lowered 1" in the front. I have a rear stand on the way and once I get it I am going to lower the front the same. If it makes a difference, I will let you know.

You can always just reuse your stock stand by cutting an inch off and welding the foot back on.

The_Paragon

My lowered kickstand sits perfectly flat, just like the Yamaha kick stand... Because that's what it is!

All I did was slice out a 1" chunk from the kickstand and have my buddy zip it back together with his tig = lowered kickstand without having to pay PSR $100 for something that sorta sucks.

mike

My lowered kickstand sits perfectly flat, just like the Yamaha kick stand... Because that's what it is!

All I did was slice out a 1" hunk from the kickstand and have my buddy zip it back together with his tig = lowered kickstand without having to pay PSR $100 for something that sorta sucks.
Looks like that might be what i have to do . I like the PSR stand but it would be a lot nicer if it sat flush on the pavement. You would figure for the price of the aftermarket stands they would be a nice fit not look like there bent. Thanks for all the replies.:D