Affordable exhaust system in oz

rhyswithers

What sort of options have you guys found to be the best value for money here in oz?
Have you just shipped parts over from the US or are there some decent local resellers?

Share your findings!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

DiHydro

With the high cost of shipping, I would look for a local fabricator to make a 4-2-1 header, either modifying the stock exhaust, or bending one up out of stainless steel. If you are using the stock exhaust, it is a simple 3 inch to 2 inch reducer with a bend of about 135 degrees out to clear the swingarm.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Having done it myself Marthy's DIY kit works very well, if you know someone who can weld TIG it shouldnt cost you more than $200.
Just add your own stubby slip on

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

rhyswithers

I was leaning toward the Marthy set up, but my question is can I purchase he 4-2-1 Marthy header kit, and then purchase my own slip on?
Reason being I am not a fan of the bulky futuristic look of the danmoto slip on.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rumpig

I did Marthy's d.i.y kit. Pulled the system off (easy as) hacksawed the toaster oven off, refitted headers, road to local exhaust shop sounding like a truck, had reducer tacked in place, pulled system back off, fully welded, lick of matt black, refitted, handed over $50 ( he only asked for $25 but that won't even buy a carton) road off with a big grin, refitted fairings once i got back home.

BR3NTS

Viper Can

What sort of options have you guys found to be the best value for money here in oz?
Have you just shipped parts over from the US or are there some decent local resellers?

Share your findings!

If you're prepared to spend a little, I went the Viper Can Marthy used to sell, it sounds exactly like an R6 in my opinion so I wouldn't take anything else like those two brothers exhausts

Not promoting another company because I don't won't to step on toes.

I paid $252.63 including postage to Eastern suburbs of Melbourne

https://www.moto-madness.com/viper-shorty-stunt-exhaust-wcarbon-tip-p-1199.html?cPath=412_718

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Malicioso

Great info BR3NTS!!!!

I should so do this! Buy the header system from Marthy and Viper Can then could get one of the guys out the back in the workshop to weld it all up for me! Since we build stainless steel equipment and tig weld just about everything this should be a piece of cake to do :)

BR3NTS

Great info BR3NTS!!!!

I should so do this! Buy the header system from Marthy and Viper Can then could get one of the guys out the back in the workshop to weld it all up for me! Since we build stainless steel equipment and tig weld just about everything this should be a piece of cake to do :)
I don't think R6 extractors would make much difference I haven't really looked into it but as far as I knew the FZ6R is a de-tuned R6 engine so I thought they'd be the same