Accessory wiring

Stephenfz6r

Has anyone noticed if there is an electrical plug for accessories like GPS buried somewhere in the light or fairing /battery area?

Spunky99

Has anyone noticed if there is an electrical plug for accessories like GPS buried somewhere in the light or fairing /battery area?
I just installed a 12v outlet, an alarm system and LEDs and I wired it to the battery with inline 15 amp mini fuses. The connectors have low current wiring going forward in the wiring harness and it appears that there is a single 15 amp fuse controlling it all. I would not want the engine to quit due to any power overload from additional installed items such as a GPS wired into the existing harness.
I wired in a 12v marine grade power outlet into the fairing piece that goes around the speedo and tach on one side and a switch and alarm LED on the other side. I used proper 16 gauge wire on the 12v outlet including the battery connect and fuse all the way to the outlet. You can route the wires from the battery and under the gas tank to the outlet.