632.4 mile FZ6R review

Johnfz6r

Well I got to polish off the last bit of millage before the first service this last weekend. We had awesome weather here in NC it was around 78 on Sat. and 83 on Sun. First thing I would like to point out is that with the faster black! the yellow bug guts and pollen seem to stick out alot!
After my daughters soccer game we decided to head over to my parents and crash the night and let the kids play. The trip has it all 2 lane super curvy roads 55 mph highways and Interstate 85...... city driving country driving. So with that said I will now give my review of the bike so far and from the ride this weekend :D

Over all I must say I still love this bike and I still smile ever time I get on. It is a very confident inspiring ride. It slices it dices it cuts and it carves, or so it feels! It also in my opinion feels very planted at all speeds (minus I-85 around the semi's! But what bike does?) With the yamaha tinted windshield at most speeds its fairly quite and the wind seems to be hitting around the top of my helmet. At higher speeds like say 80-90 keeping up with traffic or getting away from the trucks it is loud and the wind is beating the crap out of my helmet and shoulders/arms. Its alot easier if you tuck in behind the shield and tuck your arms in.

The interstate ordeal probably was not helped by stupid thick traffic and the 12-15mph wind gusts from time to time! I personally do not enjoy driving on the interstate it kinda the exact opposite of what I enjoy doing on a bike but thats just me. Any way moving on..... At the interstate speeds rpms stay around I am wanting to say around 8k for 85ish and the engine temp was around the mid 190's but overall I would have to say interstate is the least fun place you could ever take this bike, I may be stating the obvious but there ya go!

City driving is pretty easy, I haven't done a whole lot but she stops where you want and takes off more than quick enough I did notice in the little bit I have done this weekend that in the 83 degree weather the temp would creep up to a bit over 200 but as soon as i got going to 55-65 the temp would drop down to between 186-182.

On the two lane highway with the 55 mph speed limit it is a much more chill ride than the chaotic I-85 mad max race to the death. I do not mind it at all, not alot of wind noise the bigger bugs bounce off instead of splatter. Just a relaxing straight ride. On the back roads is where it gets really really fun, compared to my old ninja this bike is super flickable it just goes where you want with so little input and it does it with confidence.

I believe in the long run this bike will only make me a better rider which will be good when 3, 4, 5 years down the road I get my next one. I do think it may have a bit much power for new riders, I know not as much as the fz6 but still more than enough to get you into trouble if you get throttle happy in the twisties. Still couldn't be happier with my purchase, I could go on and on about how awesome it is on the back roads but I will move on.

Rider comfort! Its there, the ride to mom and dads (the long way) takes around a hour and a half one way. The only complaint I have about riding comfort was my throttle wrist got cramped about 45 min into the ride, my legs never went numb my ass never hurt my wrists never felt like the were broke off. I am thinking about getting a hand cramp buster (i think thats what they are called) my dad has one and he raves about them on long trips but that is neither here nor there.

Gas milage wise I haven't really rode all the way to a empty tank to figure out the milage. I went around 120-130 miles this weekend and used two bars. So thats prob like 100mpg, but my 3 year old child who figured out the millage could be a little off. My wife has rode on the back a few times and she can't get over how much more of a smooth ride it is, but this is coming from a 92 ninja. With the above wall of text to sum it up this is pretty much the best lolercycle ever made ;). In all seriousness I believe that this bike will suit me perfectly for many many miles to come. I can't wait to see where she takes me!

D

dako81

Well I got to polish off the last bit of millage before the first service this last weekend. We had awesome weather here in NC it was around 78 on Sat. and 83 on Sun. First thing I would like to point out is that with the faster black! the yellow bug guts and pollen seem to stick out alot!

After my daughters soccer game we decided to head over to my parents and crash the night and let the kids play. The trip has it all 2 lane super curvy roads 55 mph highways and Interstate 85...... city driving country driving. So with that said I will now give my review of the bike so far and from the ride this weekend :D

Over all I must say I still love this bike and I still smile ever time I get on. It is a very confident inspiring ride. It slices it dices it cuts and it carves, or so it feels! It also in my opinion feels very planted at all speeds (minus I-85 around the semi's! But what bike does?) With the yamaha tinted windshield at most speeds its fairly quite and the wind seems to be hitting around the top of my helmet. At higher speeds like say 80-90 keeping up with traffic or getting away from the trucks it is loud and the wind is beating the crap out of my helmet and shoulders/arms. Its alot easier if you tuck in behind the shield and tuck your arms in.

The interstate ordeal probably was not helped by stupid thick traffic and the 12-15mph wind gusts from time to time! I personally do not enjoy driving on the interstate it kinda the exact opposite of what I enjoy doing on a bike but thats just me. Any way moving on..... At the interstate speeds rpms stay around I am wanting to say around 8k for 85ish and the engine temp was around the mid 190's but overall I would have to say interstate is the least fun place you could ever take this bike, I may be stating the obvious but there ya go! City driving is pretty easy, I haven't done a whole lot but she stops where you want and takes off more than quick enough I did notice in the little bit I have done this weekend that in the 83 degree weather the temp would creep up to a bit over 200 but as soon as i got going to 55-65 the temp would drop down to between 186-182.

On the two lane highway with the 55 mph speed limit it is a much more chill ride than the chaotic I-85 mad max race to the death. I do not mind it at all, not alot of wind noise the bigger bugs bounce off instead of splatter. Just a relaxing straight ride. On the back roads is where it gets really really fun, compared to my old ninja this bike is super flickable it just goes where you want with so little input and it does it with confidence.

I believe in the long run this bike will only make me a better rider which will be good when 3, 4, 5 years down the road I get my next one. I do think it may have a bit much power for new riders, I know not as much as the fz6 but still more than enough to get you into trouble if you get throttle happy in the twisties. Still couldn't be happier with my purchase, I could go on and on about how awesome it is on the back roads but I will move on. Rider comfort! Its there, the ride to mom and dads (the long way) takes around a hour and a half one way.

The only complaint I have about riding comfort was my throttle wrist got cramped about 45 min into the ride, my legs never went numb my ass never hurt my wrists never felt like the were broke off. I am thinking about getting a hand cramp buster (i think thats what they are called) my dad has one and he raves about them on long trips but that is neither here nor there.

Gas milage wise I haven't really rode all the way to a empty tank to figure out the milage. I went around 120-130 miles this weekend and used two bars. So thats prob like 100mpg, but my 3 year old child who figured out the millage could be a little off. My wife has rode on the back a few times and she can't get over how much more of a smooth ride it is, but this is coming from a 92 ninja.

With the above wall of text to sum it up this is pretty much the best lolercycle ever made ;). In all seriousness I believe that this bike will suit me perfectly for many many miles to come. I can't wait to see where she takes me!
I'm glad you're loving your bike, but I had to make some paragraphs for you.

O-turn

Partier
I clicked 40 this weekend, I need my license so I can ride in places other than a parking lot!

reiobard

glad that you are still loving your bike, Keep enjoying and keep the reviews coming :)

Johnfz6r

Here is a couple of pix from when I got home. I know there not as awsome as alot of the others that get posted on here but they made me smile!

fz6rwolf

I went out with a group yesterday (Blue Knights) which I was like the Sesame Street song "One of these things is not like the other" LOL because just about everyone has an HD, or 'Wing and couple other cruisers, I'm the only sport-type bike. We were on highway riding in formation (not one of my favorite ways to ride) and it was windy and I noticed this bike does blow around more than my former bikes (cruisers) but it is fully faired and much lighter so to be expected. Nothing real bad just drifted a bit instead of staying strictly on a line. I'm right about 600 miles also now and enjoying it much. I do want a bigger shield for the highway riding windblast but other than that the seat seems to be breaking in and the ergos feel great.

Hey, it's not warm enough here yet for those bugs. I think my BLUE might not look as bad with bug splatters on it ;).

P

PAJeep

can you post a few further away shots of the bike showing the double bubble windscreen from the front and sides? just curious what it really looks like