5th gear whistling

Five-O

I have a 2014 FZ6R and would like to know if anyone else hears a whistling sound when in 5th gear not 4th or 6th just 5th. I hear it whether I'm on the freeway or the side streets usually ride around 5000-6000 rpm range and maybe a little higher on the freeway but the whistling always happens in 5th up shift no noise down shift no noise put her back in 5th whistling. I have 1900 miles on her and my dealer says I shouldn't worry, bring it in for the 4000 mile checkup and the will make sure all is OK. :catfight:

tsbmill

I know this is an old thread but I recently bought a 2012 Fz6r and noticed the same issue with 5th gear. Is this a problem that needs to be corrected or just a harmless quirk of the bike?

I have the same issue, and from what I can tell based on other posts, it is not uncommon. I have not seen anyone post about this issue and talk about anything needing corrected or having a failure of any kind related to the noise. I have almost 15k miles with no issues, and I have seen posts from guys with over 50k miles with the sound and no issues. I don't know the origin of the noise, but it does seem to be a harmless quirk of the bike.