2013 help dies going into 1st gear

Parked my motorcycle up against the curb put the kickstand down and it shut off as it should went back out several hours later to go home and wouldn't start. But it started and ran in neutral. I cut the wires at that the kickstand sensor and join them together still wouldn't start. Came back a couple days later tried again it still wouldn't start remove the kickstand sensor all the way up to the blue plug under the gas tank jumper it just after the plug still wouldn't start. I removed the cluch plug and jumper those wires together as well still no run. Can anyone help me out.

blkbrd

Elite Member
Does it show an error code?

On the FZ6 not "R", shorting the switch equates to SS being up.

You might look at the gauge diagnostics. The FZ6 shows the state of the switches: open and closed. But you need to know the codes.

Also you might inspect the starter lock out relay assembly. If it has a bad connection from corrosion on the pins, it could cause this.

That said, with the clutch in it should start and run.
Inspect the pins to the lock out relay and the ecu. Battery disconnect the battery first.

It's the fz6r and I don't know how to get into the Diagnostics butt I remove the seat and one of the relays makes a noise when I shake it I think that may be the problem.