2013 fz6r

Karlbee92

So the 2013 Model was just announced, basically it's lighter and faster. Comes in Pearl White and Yamaha Blue in Australia which I'm extremely annoyed by because I only just bought my 2012 model a couple of months ago and was wanting to buy it in Yamaha Blue -.-

It says it's running a 520 chain with a 17mm rear axle which I'm not sure if it's different than the current models.

Wet weight is 213kg. Not sure if that's different aswell.

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

I am pretty sure they only made minor cosmetic changes. if anything they took weight of the grab bar. maybe ounces lighter and mila-seconds faster. you can go the website and check out the specs
well there is a 3lb difference in the release of 2013 fz6r's between the canadian and the US versions. So he may be correct that it could be lighter.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Dont get to excited, that is the same weight as before.
Until they revamp the cams, tuning, mirrors & exhaust -lets just say Im not holding my breath

Detrich

I think:

470 lbs for the 6R
466 lbs for the FZ8
455 lbs for the R1
417 lbs for the R6

Last edited:

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Detrich

I stand corrected. The CA model is 470 lbs. non-Ca model is 467

Detrich

How much does ur Kawa weigh?

I sat on new R1's this Sat at the dealer & went back n forth between that and the R6, and the R1 is just not a bike made for riders my height I guess. It feels so heavy and it's so wide.

What I don't get is that the MotoGP bikes are like 385 lbs and so sleek. Do turn signals and headlights/ tail lights really add 85 lbs and expand the width by 1/2 a foot?

I don't get why Yamaha cannot manufacture a liter bike that's both sleek with a fully fueled wet weight around 420 lbs. or so.

Headscratch