2013 FZ6R with R6 Headers

Ayebeezy

Hey 600cc!
Can somebody link me to everything I need for my '13 6R? If I get 02 headers, but don't know which exhaust I can slip on it and which power commander. I'm sorry for asking this question for the millionth time but can't find an exact answer. I have a welder and have access to a torch if needed. Thanks let me know please!

Last edited:

bQQm

Hey 600cc!
Can somebody link me to everything I need for my '13 6R? If I get 02 headers, but don't know which exhaust I can slip on it and which power commander. I'm sorry for asking this question for the millionth time but can't find an exact answer. I have a welder and have access to a torch if needed. Thanks let me know please!
Hey mate, I've just done this. I bought 2006 headers. You need a hammer, blow torch, pliers ( the more heavy duty the better), 45mm inlet muffler, o2 sensor bung (my local muffler shop gave me one for free, usually costs less than $10), angle grinder, engine oil.

Bash the middle where the two left headers join together (facing the bike), use blow torch to make it easier. The headers I bought came with a hanger near the end where you would bolt it on to the bike. You'll have to bend this down also cause it hits the swingarm axle is i believe. You don't have to completely bend it cause you might be able to use it to make an adapter to bolt on to the bikes normal exhaust hanger position ( if any of that makes sense).

Depending what muffler you get, you may need to grind off some of your rear pedal brake pedal cause it's obstructed by the muffler. If you find another way of preventing it from being obstructed (type of muffler, bending headers at the end, bending muffler) thats up to you. I found this to be the easiest.

When you install the headers, they wont sit in perfectly, that's fine, it's easier if you have someone helping you. What I did to get them in nicely is grip together two at a time, for example the two left ones so the go in first. Then you just get the other two to get in. The gasket ring things might fall out of the headers, i just used oil to keep them back in their place.

After all that you should have them installed. Turn the bike on to make sure there is no air leakage. If there is just tighten the 'header bolts' more. It's okay if they bend a little.

When the bike has warmed, there may be smoke and burning smell, thats just the oil.

I don't know the mechanical terms, so if you need more explanation, just let me know.

pandyman

IMG_20170805_122612[1].jpgIMG_20170805_122614[1].jpg
have i got the wrong headers? this was supposed to be from a 2006 R6 according to the guy i got it from...
bQQm yours look completely different than the ones i have?

Jhickey18

OP idk if you've done your exhaust yet i imagine you probably have, but for future reference if you or anyone reading this doesn't want to do as much work doing a custom job and wants a good exhaust. get a delkevic exhaust. for 335-440ish you can get a full system. they have plenty of different silencers. i personally bought the 8 inch round one that is 365 on their website but i noobishly bought it off ebay for 10 bucks more. and honestly, it's too loud without baffle. for anyone else if you get a bigger one you may be able to ride comfortably without baffle. sounds only a little quieter than straight piped would(i imagine didn't actually test it out). I'm going to put the baffle in to prevent hearing loss. it sounds great. and before you ask no i'm not a spokesperson for delkevic. I'm just really pleased and wanted to put my 2 cents in. may post video if anyone is interested.

jroc99

Pandyman , I am about to do an exhaust on my 2014 fizzer .. and those R6 headers look the same as the ones I have too.

Jhickey18, I saw that exhaust also, but I was worried about how it was so cheaply priced in comparison to the M4 or 2 Brothers.
How is the quality of it?

Last edited:

Silk662

OP idk if you've done your exhaust yet i imagine you probably have, but for future reference if you or anyone reading this doesn't want to do as much work doing a custom job and wants a good exhaust. get a delkevic exhaust. for 335-440ish you can get a full system. they have plenty of different silencers. i personally bought the 8 inch round one that is 365 on their website but i noobishly bought it off ebay for 10 bucks more. and honestly, it's too loud without baffle. for anyone else if you get a bigger one you may be able to ride comfortably without baffle. sounds only a little quieter than straight piped would(i imagine didn't actually test it out). I'm going to put the baffle in to prevent hearing loss. it sounds great. and before you ask no i'm not a spokesperson for delkevic. I'm just really pleased and wanted to put my 2 cents in. may post video if anyone is interested.
Thanks. I might try this instead of R6. How is it performing now with the delkevic exhaust?