2013 FZ6R is it Hot or Not?

BKP

I wouldn't mind seeing an FZ6R tastefully done in black & red. In fact, if miracles do happen and Yamaha surprises me with red and black in 2014, I'll be first in line to take one home.
I'd be right behind you...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

CDN6R

Red/Black/White/Blue/Copper......meh. Bring back another Yellow one with different graphics rather than a star.:D

NewBlue47

NewBlue

I like it. I've had alot of complements. Kids think itis a Power Ranger Bike

If you buy one.... you get blue or white -thats it. I like the Burgandy/red

Ride&Die

I have to agree the 2013 just look to flamboyant for me. I think yamahas best paint scheme was in 2011. But i do like the frame being painted, i think it would look sweet if it were done like that on the copper one.

Last edited:

Pinarello Rider

Maybe this is OT (okay, it is), but I wonder why I don't hear more about this bike. How many does Yammy sell? Is it the color scheme? So far, everyone I have shown my bike to says "you got yerself a crotch-rocket!" I try to argue that it isn't (600cc, upright riding position), but to no avail. Is it the fairing? The colors?

xleeb0y13x

I thought it looked great when I bought it. But now I want to paint the whole bike anyway.

Sent using Jedi mind tricks!

linkgt

Technical specifications aside, is the new color scheme for 2013 hot or not?

Personally, it doesn't do much for me. Sometimes I wonder if Yamaha designs these color schemes with the full expectation that we're going to eliminate the decals as soon as we get the bike into our garages.
Along with the Rear fender, Turn signals, Mirrors and Exhaust? lol...

DaIrishman

Hehe, speaking as a owner of the 2013 blue I can honestly say its a nice looking bike. I get a ton of compliments on the bike most specifically on the color. Its a lot deeper blue than in the pictures.

I will say its definitely something that you have to see outside in the light as its just different looking from the brochures. I have yet to get a negative comment on the bike and I ride with people who have Ducati's (both red one 848 and a 1199 along with some other sport bikes)

Its actually kind of attention getting in its own way as there are 3 red bikes and 3 silvers in the pack that I run with so the blue stands out really nice.:)

BrockGrimes

When I bought mine they had a blue 2013 or a white 2012.....I bought the 2012. Cheaper and it's white I can do what I like.

latony007

I like the blue 13. I def. would have gotten it if price was the same and all things the same. but I went with the white because they had a new 2012 they sold me cheap and I do really like the tank on the white that kinda sparkles. I really wish they would have made the white with a blue shock and blue rim tape/decals instead of the red though.

latony007

the blue was a little too crazy for me plus was not out when I got my bike
the blue was a little to "crazy" for you? have you seen your bike lately ? LOL :D