2013 FZ6R is it Hot or Not?

Blackcat

Technical specifications aside, is the new color scheme for 2013 hot or not?

Personally, it doesn't do much for me. Sometimes I wonder if Yamaha designs these color schemes with the full expectation that we're going to eliminate the decals as soon as we get the bike into our garages.

I'm very interested in knowing if the rest of you agree.
Is the 2013 Blue & White FZ6R Hot or Not?

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DragonBlu

I doesn't work for me. I bought the 09 Blue and I still like the looks of it ,decals and all. This one looks 80ish. Just my thoughts. No offense to anyone that likes it.

Fizzi6ergal

Yeah, it doesn't do anything for me either. If i got that color scheme, I would probably have a wrap at home to put on it or have it painted something else. But why would I buy a brand new bike that I would paint?

Brock Kickass

Bikes are cheap and easy to paint. I had my FZ1 parts in for paint before the front wheel was on the bike. I had plans to paint my 6R but sold it before I got the chance. Make it your own! I think the major manufacturers would be surprised at the numbers if they offered a bike with no paint or stickers, ready for paint.

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BKP

The new blue doesn't do anything for me...

I'd like to see another true copper... Not so much a reddish-copper, but a true copper/burnt orange, with a more intense/less flamboyant graphic...

DragonBlu

In the blue ,it looks like the same decal scheme as the R1, just as it was in 2009. I guess they figure if you are a Yamaha race fan and don't want an R1 you will buy a 6R?

bobby bo bonsin

Yeah the blue one is too busy. Its trying too hard. If it just had the blue stripe with the fz6r logo on the side and maybe "yamaha" in blue towards the bottom with all the other crap taken away it would look pretty sweet. This would be an easy one to fix with your own decals because blue is easy to match. I like the white one though the painted frame looks like a portion of a star whuch kinda goes along with yamahas "star" theme even though this is a sportsbike so it doesnt really make sense. Looks cool though i think.

Hello my real name is Adam.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Hey Dart, that white looks way better!
The new blue with decals is ok, lil on the meh side.

But I dig the red frame work

I've got the blue 2009 version too, and like it much better than the 2013 blue version. That white fender just doesn't do anything for me. Although I do like the 2013 white scheme.

Brock Kickass

I don't even see the point of this thread. Everybody knows the FZ6R achieved asthetic perfection with the special edition red and white 2010. They were also the fastest, and chicks dig guys who ride them the most.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Blackcat

I wouldn't mind seeing an FZ6R tastefully done in black & red. In fact, if miracles do happen and Yamaha surprises me with red and black in 2014, I'll be first in line to take one home.