2012 FZ6R Raven - Streetfighter Mod

I bought a used 2012 FZ6R about a month ago - knowing that I would convert it to a streetfighter. I had a lot of inspiration and help from this forum so I wanted to pay it back.

I have created a detailed list of parts I purchased with links to where I bought them. I also included a series of pictures and videos along with written instructions on what I went through to complete the project.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Here are before and after pictures. For detailed instructions/information please go here: Yamaha FZ6R Streetfighter Metamorphosis | Motorcycle Melee

Superzoom

Great job!

You will find limited love for street fighter transformations in this forum, as most people bought the FZ6R because they wanted a sport bike with fairings. I myself grew up on UJMs, and am a big fan of standards. I bought the FZ6R because it's really perfect for me functionally.

I am planning on doing exactly what you have done to your bike, and may borrow from your parts list directly, so thank you for documenting everything so thoroughly. I will certainly have specific questions for you as I start transforming my bike.

Thanks for posting!

Glad To Help

Thanks for the reply. Please feel free to use the list of parts as you want.

I created the list for that very reason.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks good! I'm digging the headlight and screen!

Thanks for the kudos

Jay,

Thanks for the kudos on the headlight and flyscreen.

I found the stock headlight a bit too "transformer-ish" for my liking. My previous bike was a 2011 Triumph Bonneville and I liked the round single headlight. Plus the large 7-inch headlight I installed on the FZ6R looks the part -- beefy but not too overbearing.

Also, I really wanted the small fairing/flyscreen because without it the wiring and brackets were visible between the headlight and the speedometer--not to mention having all the highway bugs getting stuck in the wiring and such without a flyscreen.

The screen tidies up everything quite nicely -- and it pushes just enough wind out of the way at highway speeds to make it more comfortable to ride my 100-mile daily commute to work.

Thanks again,

Rick Forristall
Motorcycle Melee | The madness of motorcycle riding
---------
Motorcycle Melee | the madness of motorcycle riding

NMdesertracer,

Thanks! I'm still deciding on the turn signals. I don't want to have to mess with any of the wiring to add different turn signals -- and then if I change the front signals (they are the stock signals - just repositioned) then I'll need to change the rear signals.

I need to change that red tape to black and that should help.

On the flip side, those signals reflect off the tank & framework and provide a pretty big 'blink' footprint for others to see.

lark

nice! I always like to see people personalizing their stuff. The dealer I am buying my 6r through repeatedly asked me why I didn't want the fz07. (not a naked bike fan) I think this looks cool and a little aggressive, kind of like the body of a bee or wasp. Turn signals are a pain in the *** if you don't have access to soldering equipment, as I installed some aftermarket ones on my last bike. The headlight looks really great, would be interested to see a picture looking straight at the light! :) :thumbup:

Superzoom

Hey MM,

I'm about to take the naked plunge, but only recently realized how ugly the side engine support plates are. I assume they are there partially to hold the engine, and also to mount the fairing. I wonder if there would be any way to remove or replace or dress the plates to be less unattractive. I assume one could get the small side fairings for the XJ6, but I'm not a fan of those either.

It's a shame. The engine would be pretty attractive if it were exposed.