2012 fz6r pulled metal from oil pan

cali.jack

so I noticed some knocking noise each time my bike was in neutral I was told to drop the oil pan and see if anything was causing it sure enough found some pieces of metal looked like it could have been from a gear or something.. wanting to know more about what it could be from and how to fix this issue im sure someone has had the same situation before and could help before i wind up paying a mechanic an arm and leg to fix it..

Attachments

BluePill

No doubt that those are gear teeth. No way to know exactly what has failed and the amount of damage done until the engine is disassembled.

What is the history on the bike? Recent purchase?
How many miles?

sti491

Sorry to see that. I am surprised it shifts al all. Good luck on the repair.

so I noticed some knocking noise each time my bike was in neutral I was told to drop the oil pan and see if anything was causing it sure enough found some pieces of metal looked like it could have been from a gear or something.. wanting to know more about what it could be from and how to fix this issue im sure someone has had the same situation before and could help before i wind up paying a mechanic an arm and leg to fix it..

Attachments

cali.jack

the bike actually shifts fine surprisingly but i never got past 3rd gear so could be 4th or 5th.. i was told that the bike had rear ended a van but it didnt look to bad to me i mean the fairings werent on it but i didnt care because i was going to turn it into a stunt bike anyways.. it only has 14k miles

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

cali.jack

20180215_153745.jpg found out where that metal came from. does anyone know what gear that is or if i would have to replace all of the gears? the gear is the last one on the shifter side

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member