Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Superzoom

that's a heck of a project...love it though....once you get it restored I bet it will fetch a premium if you decide to sell.
I would say that projects will almost never make you any money, once you consider all the man-hours and frustration and costs that go into them. You gotta do it just because you love working on bikes.

I do love reading threads on old bike restorations. Advrider has lots of them. This one jumped out at me because the guy is doing a great job and doing it really fast. Some of these projects can end up taking years.

1968 Royal Enfield Interceptor barn find | Adventure Rider

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Superzoom

Sorry, hope I didn't offend with any of my comments. I just know from my own experience that old bikes can be real money pits. My '78 CB550 had endless problems.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Superzoom

No,no, not at all, but id imagine building the bike up from the groubd woukd help with dependibility. I didnt mean for any of that to come out defensively just explaining my self. But to be fair the 550 and the 350 are quite different. Also ownership, where a bike has been riden and how it was riden by previous owners contributes to any bikes reliability. My 6r had some painstaking issues that popped up because of the original owner, nothin.mager but just anoying.
Cool. I'm glad you're not offended, because I realized after I posted that I might come across as one of those "it can't/shouldn't be done" types who are so annoying.

Many of my old Japanese bikes had serious problems, and can probably be traced to the previous owners, as you allude to.

I think you will get a lot of pride of ownership out of that 350. Plus small bikes are a total blast, both in the city, and on tight, windy roads.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member