160 vs. 170 Rear tire.

MightBeLoud

Does anyone have recommendations on the rear tire. I purchased the bike with a 180, it does look cool. Doesn't handle for $h¡+ though. Should I put on a 160 or 170, and are there any specific ones I should look into.

BluePill

Both a 160 or 170 worked fine on mine with a matching Dunlop front. The 160 was a bit crisper handling, the 170 when new felt more like a 2/3 worn 160.

IMO the Dunlop Roadsmart handles better than the Battlax Bridgestones on an FZ6R.

blkbrd

Elite Member

ST3RL0

+10mm in width is alright.
Have a bloke on the Facebook group running a 190/55 on his

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

For anyone wanting to run the 170 180 outback; turn-in can be improved by sliding the forks up the triple (equal amounts obviously)...

Be wise though as this does tend to destabilize the bike as speeds increase or load decreases from the nose. Rough roads can have negative consequences too. Baby steps 3 to 4 mm at time and ride over your worst terrain.

The FZ6 drops in nicely when the triple is dropped 10mm and remains stable at speed.

bQQm

i got the dunlop q3 180 55 and I absolutely love it. I really only got it for aesthetics as I dont plan on bringing my bike to the track or twisties. The amount of people that ask me about it and comment on how nice it looks is alot more than I thought lol. I was thinking of doing 190 but read that there has been a few accidents.

I know someone that put a 180 60 on and that looked good too.

neotree605

i got the dunlop q3 180 55 and I absolutely love it. I really only got it for aesthetics as I dont plan on bringing my bike to the track or twisties. The amount of people that ask me about it and comment on how nice it looks is alot more than I thought lol. I was thinking of doing 190 but read that there has been a few accidents.

I know someone that put a 180 60 on and that looked good too.
Interestingly enough i thought the fz6r came with a 180/55/17 rear ! I bought an 09 a month ago and after reading it here i checked my rear tire. 180 it handes just fine imo. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Fraze

If you are after that SS look on a non SS bike and are willing to sacrifice performance for looks, anything is possible I suppose. On the tire topic; I have just over 500kms on my new Pilot Road 3's (in stock size)....oh yeah, these we're soooo worth the money :D