09 FZ6R Restyled

adazine

Premium Member
Last edited:

sti491

Looks awesome! I spy some different color on the chin spoiler and fairing faux intakes, CF on rear seat grab rail.... what else?

adazine

Premium Member

Elvira

I'm pretty boring...but my bike is not. New to the forum. Just recently got her back after six weeks for having a friend paint the tank and fender. I just need to replace the wheel tape and I'll be done...for now.
Capture+_2018-04-20-17-15-42.jpg
20180416_195129.jpg
20180416_195759.jpg
20180416_195808.jpg
20180416_200155.jpg

adazine

Premium Member

adazine

Premium Member

MrFrzZ

Changed the color of the Two Brothers exhaust tip and went with a darker metallic gray for the front air intake by the headers. Think I like the red tip better !

View attachment 39930
The bike looks fantastic. Its not too flash, and not dull at all. I'm not completely sold on the grey ducts caps just yet, but its not my bike right? ;) lol I personally ike the darker tip on the exhaust better. Take those front reflectors off and it'll clean the front end look up.... Who cares about visibility to other motorists :p

Did you put a new windscreen on it? or did you tint that one?

adazine

Premium Member

TN6R

Thanks ! The windscreen is painted black on the inside and was on the bike when I bought it. I have acquired a stock screen and plan on putting that one on soon. I took your advice and remove the reflectors which is a nice improvement to the appearance. The side marker lights should provide that function to other motorist. Every change in appearance does take some time to get use to and I often question whether or not it has improved the look of the bike. The red tip tool awhile to get use to, but it does give it a unique look, but also draws your eye to that area of the bike. For the intakes, I wanted to get rid of the plastic, cheap look of the bike and painting the parts helps with that. It also lessens the ugliness of that part of the bike which could have been designed better. Its fun to see what the bike can become by doing a few visual mods and a more personalized look. I would have preferred an all black FZ6R with the silver frame accents. All in all, I'm really enjoying this bike and for the money you can't find a better bike. Cheers !
After seeing what you did with the tail, I went ahead and did the same thing. Absolutely love it. Primed, wet sanded and went with a satin finish but after so much wet-sanding it looks semi-gloss.

IMG_8390.jpgIMG_8402.jpgIMG_E8422.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

adazine

Premium Member

TN6R

Lol, the paint does add on a few hp! When painting the satin black on, I wet sanded it between 3 coats. I then used 2000 grit sandpaper on the final coat and wet sanded it very lightly to smooth it out. Once it dried, I applied satin clear coat over it to protect it. It worked out very well but took several days to complete the whole process mainly due to the time it took to cure.