Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: This forum was the biggest help in my bike transformation

Default This forum was the biggest help in my bike transformation

I didn’t know one thing about motorcycles when I bought my buddy’s FZ6R at the beginning of this year. I just wanted something to ride and have fun with. Turns out this motorcycle is awesome. I haven’t posted much, but I believe I read almost every thread on this site! As a result I was able to modify and maintenance my bike myself, all thanks to you guys.

The first thing I did was change the oil, spark plugs, and a coolant flush. After I acquired a paddock stand I was able to clean and lube my chain. I highly recommend a gadget called GreaseNinja for doing that easily without wasting lubricant.

Then came the aesthetics - Flush mounted smoke turn signals / fender eliminator / integrated LED smoke tail light (which is awesome because it has white LEDs for the license plate, built in turn signals, and every time I apply the brake it blinks a few times before acting as a normal brake light)

For functionality - I went with a Two Brothers Exhaust, teamed up with a Power Commander 5 running Marthy’s AdvGear RevB fuel map. (Thank you Martin!) Woodcraft clip-on handlebars, and the Yamaha comfort seat.

The only other modification I’m wanting is a gear indicator. I’d like to try to copy another member’s (sti491) mounting style.

Tell me what you guys think!

Last edited by arnie; 05-22-2018 at 04:18 AM.

How do you like the transformation to the clip-ons? - Not sure why your pics aren't bigger when you upload.
    09 FZ6R / Two Brothers Black Series Full Exhaust / Two Brothers Racing Juice Box / Pulse Engine Block Off Plates / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21 Tires / EBC HH Brake Pads / T-Rex Sliders / LED Headlight / LED H3 Amber Power Crystal / LED Flushmounts / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / CNC Black Levers / Hyper Black Windscreen / IDEA Waterproof Motorcycle Gear Indicator / Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Tail Bag / Viper 3100VX Alarm

Sedici Rico Black Leather Jacket / MotoCentric Assault Black Jacket / Sedici Boots / Alpinestars Warden Gloves / Kabuto Aeroblade III Matte Gunmetal Helmet / Kabuto Kamui Fluente Flat Black Helmet

Looks sharp! Good job making it your own!

I felt the same way, i wasnt planning to do much to my fz6r, just run it for a while until insurance lowered. But, from all i learned off this forum, did a handful of mods, now i dont think i can part with it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    2016 Yamaha FZ6R:

MotoDynamics Flushmount Turnsignals / MotoDynamics Fender Eliminator / MotoDynamics Sequential Tailight / Front Lowered 1.75" / Smoked Windscreen / Delkevic Full Exhaust / Red Rim Tape / ZX6R Mirrors / FZ1 Drag Bar / ProGrips Grips / Black Shorty Levers /

Im not sure how my first post got deleted. So here it is again.

I didn’t know one thing about motorcycles when I purchased my buddy’s FZ6R at the beginning of this year. I just wanted something to ride around on and have fun with. Turns out this bike is awesome. I was able to modify and maintence it myself thanks to all of you guys on this forum.

The first thing I did was change the oil, spark plugs, and flushed the coolant. When I acquired a paddock stand I was able to clean and lube the chain. I highly recommend a product called the GreaseNinja for doing that without wasting lubricant.

Then came aesthetics - flush mounted smoke turn signals, fender eliminator, integrated smoke tail light (which is awesome because it has white LEDs for the license plate, turn signals, and it blinks a few times before acting as a normal brake light)

For performance - I went with a TwoBrothers exhaust, PowerCommander 5 running Marthy’s ADVGear RevB fuel map (Thank you Martin!), Woodcraft clip-on handlebars, Air Induction System block-off plates.

The only other modification I’m wanting is a gear indicator. Preferably mounted similarly to another member’s (sti491) styling.

Let me know what you guys think!

I love the clip ons for the look it gives the bike if nothing else. I do like the position too. Sporty but not as cramped feeling as a supersport