Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: mirror wiring ?

Default mirror wiring ?

I am thinking of removing my fairings and I was wondering if I can wire the turn signal connector onto the integrated mirror wires and just plug and play?

or do I need to do something else. I am clueless with wiring so I figured I would ask before I made a mistake

Thanks for the help

Tex

You'll have to tap into the turn signal wiring that is at the fairing light. The best way is to get the clip on 3M connectors to tap the wires. At the fairing light you have 3 wires, the black one is the ground, the blue one on each side is the running lights (on with the key ) and the green on one side and the brown on the other is the turn indicator wires. I don't remember which one is on either side. If you cut back the black plastic covering you will see the wires and tap into them there then tape them back up. Depending on if the mirrors you bought have 2 or 3 wires will determine the wiring. If they are 2 wires you'll tap into the turn signal wires.
    09 FZ6R / Two Brothers Black Series Full Exhaust / Two Brothers Racing Juice Box / Pulse Engine Block Off Plates / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21 Tires / EBC HH Brake Pads / T-Rex Sliders / LED Headlight / LED H3 Amber Power Crystal / LED Flushmounts / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / CNC Black Levers / Hyper Black Windscreen / IDEA Waterproof Motorcycle Gear Indicator / Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Tail Bag / Viper 3100VX Alarm

Sedici Rico Black Leather Jacket / MotoCentric Assault Black Jacket / Sedici Boots / Alpinestars Warden Gloves / Kabuto Aeroblade III Matte Gunmetal Helmet / Kabuto Kamui Fluente Flat Black Helmet

You could probably also get yamhaha "Y" connectors

Yamaha Y Connector.jpg

4. Likes adazine liked this post

ok cool thanks so I can re use the connectors. Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by tho9504 View Post
    You could probably also get yamhaha "Y" connectors

Yamaha Y Connector.jpg
    Nice ! -- Wish I asked that question before I did my wiring ! Didn't know they made those.
    09 FZ6R / Two Brothers Black Series Full Exhaust / Two Brothers Racing Juice Box / Pulse Engine Block Off Plates / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21 Tires / EBC HH Brake Pads / T-Rex Sliders / LED Headlight / LED H3 Amber Power Crystal / LED Flushmounts / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / CNC Black Levers / Hyper Black Windscreen / IDEA Waterproof Motorcycle Gear Indicator / Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Tail Bag / Viper 3100VX Alarm

Sedici Rico Black Leather Jacket / MotoCentric Assault Black Jacket / Sedici Boots / Alpinestars Warden Gloves / Kabuto Aeroblade III Matte Gunmetal Helmet / Kabuto Kamui Fluente Flat Black Helmet

Agree, but probably YamaExpensive! I did a lot of wiring on my bike and used Tesa Tape to keep it nice and neat. Awesome stuff.... until you need to undo it to add or change something!

Quote Originally Posted by adazine View Post
    Nice ! -- Wish I asked that question before I did my wiring ! Didn't know they made those.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by sti491 View Post
    Agree, but probably YamaExpensive! I did a lot of wiring on my bike and used Tesa Tape to keep it nice and neat. Awesome stuff.... until you need to undo it to add or change something!
    Surprisingly they're reasonably priced -- Tesa tape is great for keeping wires neat !
    https://tstindustries.com/TST-Yamaha...-Splitter.html

Thats a great site. They have some unique items!

Quote Originally Posted by adazine View Post
    Surprisingly they're reasonably priced -- Tesa tape is great for keeping wires neat !
    https://tstindustries.com/TST-Yamaha...-Splitter.html
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

On the "Y" connector the mirrors only have 2 wires so will it still work if I wire one connector with just the signal and ground and the other (flush mount signal) as normal? I am thinking of keeping my fairings and flush mount signals and just adding the mirrors as another signal.

I figured everything out thanks again for the help.

This thread can be closed