Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAP Question (WITH PICS!)

Default MAP Question (WITH PICS!)

Hey guys,

Recently installed an R6 header, Yoshimura can, Blackpath block-off plates, and PCFC.

I'm currently running the "Two Brothers Full Exhaust" MAP from the Power Commander website, because it's certainly better than running lean.

I downloaded Marthy's Viper Sport RevA MAP because it says it's best for the TwoBros Juicebox (which is what the PCFC essentially is).

I was wondering if anyone can explain to me why there are such major differences between the two maps for what seems to be very similar exhaust setups.

Also, which MAP would you think is the better one to run with my mentioned setup?

Here are pics of the MAPs for comparison:

Power Commander "Two Bros Full Exhaust"

20180502_141912.jpg

Marthy's Viper Sport RevA

20180502_142014.jpg

Hey! You're that motovlogger dude I subbed to.

sorry I can't be of help here brother.... hopefully marthy will be along shortly to give some guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrzZ View Post
    Hey! You're that motovlogger dude I subbed to.

sorry I can't be of help here brother.... hopefully marthy will be along shortly to give some guidance.
    LMAO hey! You're the subscriber that likes to give me crap about my factory brake setup!

Yep that would be awesome if Marthy himself could provide his thoughts. His map has WAY more detailed and complex fuel trims.

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Click Up View Post
    LMAO hey! You're the subscriber that likes to give me crap about my factory brake setup!

Yep that would be awesome if Marthy himself could provide his thoughts. His map has WAY more detailed and complex fuel trims.
    Hey, if you're wanting to go faster, ya gotta stop better lol I'm looking out for ya!

#SSlinesmasterrace!!
    #slackingonmyuploads

I've got my last ride on my Fizzer to upload, and I think my next will be a vid on my Wife's ninjette 4-hundy lol

Shoot Marthy a PM!!!

Its a youtube party in here

Everyone swears by Marthy. Ive also heard some bad things about the TBR map anyways. Ive been running adv gear rev b for probably a year now and am extrememly happy. I want to try his other map... Im blanking... The sport one

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFZ6R View Post
    Its a youtube party in here

Everyone swears by Marthy. Ive also heard some bad things about the TBR map anyways. Ive been running adv gear rev b for probably a year now and am extrememly happy. I want to try his other map... Im blanking... The sport one
    Yeah unfortunately I can't run the ADV Gear map because it requires the PCV speed sensor attachment, which isn't compatible with my PCFC.

The sport one is what I've downloaded. Think I'll shoot a vlog about it when I install the map... why not?

Not to mention, my idle is at 1050rpm on this TwoBros map

Quote Originally Posted by Half-Click Up View Post
    Think I'll shoot a vlog about it when I install the map... why not?

you won't do it...

Whatsaaap!

Basically they are different because one of them sucks LOL Only one way to find out is to try both but I'm quite sure, like many others, that you will ride my map. You need to adjust your idle on the LH side if I remember well, Phillips head srew. Turn it until you get about 1300 rpm or so, can't remember the magic number exactly.

Advgear maps are Sport in gear 1-4th & Touring 5-6th. Only difference between both is leaner under 20% throttle in Touring, same map over 20% throttle. If you feel like your bike turn out to ride with poor MPG, switch to Touring map only.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

10. Thanks Half-Click Up thanked for this post
    Likes Half-Click Up liked this post

I know you can't use the AdvGear RevB, but I found this interesting after using it for 6 months or so. I normally ride country roads which are a combo of ripping on it pretty hard and 50mph cruising.. I avg 40mpg. Pretty much 39-41 MPG. Maybe on tank at 38 and one at 45. Most of those numbers are with a corrected speedo/odometer, so it's more accurate.

I only have gone on one long 200 mile highway trip which was 90% 70MPH. And I got.... 49MPG!!!!!

My Fizzer keeps up with my son's SV650 (actually it's a tad faster 0-60)... and he is rejetted w/Yoshi exhaust, and any of my friends bad-*ss street bikes on the low end.

I was shocked by that highway mileage number. Martin IS the man!
    Last edited by sti491; 05-03-2018 at 04:21 AM.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

12. Likes Marthy, Half-Click Up liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast