Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What to do if you hate your Raven's stupid Japanese graphity cartoonish faring art

Default What to do if you don't like your Raven's Japanese graphity cartoonish faring art

Well, there are lot's of things you could do. My first practical solution consideration was to razor blade score the part of the factory vinyl I wanted to remove, heating it and remove it. But that would likely scratch the paint, and who knows how well the factory sticker would come off.... not to mention how the heck to get the razor cut perfect where you want it.

Had an epiphany after CF vinyl wrapping my under seat side pods. Just add black film over the part of the graphic that offended my delicate senses!

So I bought a roll from Amazon for $9.99. Also bought some knifeless vinyl tape, because trying to cut a piece perfectly was going to be near impossible.

I am really impressed with the results. I think the bike looks way better, which is all that matters. The close up pics make it look like it's obvious where the top of the new vinyl edge is. Trick of the iPhone camera. Looking at the bike in person it looks no different than the factory vinyl. Maybe even a bit better. The benefit of doing it this way is it's totally reversible if you don't like it, or you make a mistake.

I am now done with my Fizzr. Time to ride her now more than working on it, and start on my shop man cave and lift install!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sti491; 04-28-2018 at 05:12 AM.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Reminds me of what Kevin8198 did for the 2009 white tank graphics years ago. https://www.600cc.org/forum/threads/...phics-template
    John

Current Bike: 2009 FZ6R Blue/White, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Pro-Grip Tank Pad, Rascal Grafik Tank Grip
    Current Gear: HJC IS-MAX BT helmet, Fly Racing Trekker Jacket, Fly Racing Butane Pants, Cortech Adrenaline Gloves
    Mileage: 17200mi
    "A good p̶i̶l̶o̶t̶ rider is always learning."

Thanks for sharing that. If you notice my TechSpec pads are custom made also... actually I made the template that TechSpec used. I wanted my pad lower on the plastic part too, which is actually where my knees hit.

I thought about doing what he did to cover all the tank graphics, but I thought with mine larger on the bottom it would maybe be just too big. Nice to see an example.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskanflyboy View Post
    Reminds me of what Kevin8198 did for the 2009 white tank graphics years ago. https://www.600cc.org/forum/threads/...phics-template
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.