Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust question!!

Default Exhaust question!!

Hi everyone! I'm new here I've been looking everywhere to try and find some answers to a couple questions that have to do with the exhaust of my bike (2009 fz6r) and i can't figure it out.
    So here goes maybe someone can help.
    My buddy has an R6, the headers look identical to mine (same engine) but it changes when you get to the "box" where the chambers, baffle and cat is. His is stock with just a tose exhaust slip on and it sounds great. Id love to have that if i can just bolt the whole thing on even if i have to make a few modifications to make it fit, im not looking for performance gains i just want it to sound great and not lose any power. Since that r6 exhaust is chambered and catted and baffled as well will i still lose back pressure? will i need a tune? The reason i am considering that r6 stock exhaust is because i can find them cheap on ebay and with a few modifications i can make it fit on my bike but i never see anyone bolt the entire thing on they always cut the "box" off, and weld a slip on which is straight pipe and i dont want that.
    Any info would help out a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new here I've been looking everywhere to try and find some answers to a couple questions that have to do with the exhaust of my bike (2009 fz6r) and i can't figure it out.
    So here goes maybe someone can help.
    My buddy has an R6, the headers look identical to mine (same engine) but it changes when you get to the "box" where the chambers, baffle and cat is. His is stock with just a tose exhaust slip on and it sounds great. Id love to have that if i can just bolt the whole thing on even if i have to make a few modifications to make it fit, im not looking for performance gains i just want it to sound great and not lose any power. Since that r6 exhaust is chambered and catted and baffled as well will i still lose back pressure? will i need a tune? The reason i am considering that r6 stock exhaust is because i can find them cheap on ebay and with a few modifications i can make it fit on my bike but i never see anyone bolt the entire thing on they always cut the "box" off, and weld a slip on which is straight pipe and i dont want that.
    Any info would help out a lot!
    There are certain year R6 headers that will bolt on. You may have to bend the pipes where they touch the oil pan. Other than that, custom mounts for the muffler is all that's needed. I'm sure a fuel controller or PCV is recommended too

Check this site out: http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?rou...%20(2009-2017)

A lot of FZ6R guys are buying these full exhaust systems from Delkevic and they're a direct bolt on. Header and exhaust included so no cutting or modifying. Plus they're less than $400. One is even going for $335 and Delkevic is a solid good brand. If you do this option, you'll need to get at least a power commander fuel controller ($200) and then download a free 'full exhaust' map from PC.com. This set up is a great option. A lot of riders on the facebook page have done this and love it. Here's the one selling for $335:
    http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?rou...er&SKU=COM25BG

Default this is great!

Nice! thank you for this! This is solid and at a great price, everything else is $1000+ which is ridiculous . It looks good and sounds great. I think this is the one

I love my Delkevic can, however your post sounded like you wanted a more stock-like better sounding system. The Delkevic is LOUD! It's not even close to stock. I really like it, your results may vary.

Nice! thank you for this! This is solid and at a great price, everything else is $1000+ which is ridiculous . It looks good and sounds great. I think this is the one
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

+1 for delkevic full system
    2016 Yamaha FZ6R:

MotoDynamics Flushmount Turnsignals / MotoDynamics Fender Eliminator / MotoDynamics Sequential Tailight / Front Lowered 1.75" / Smoked Windscreen / Delkevic Full Exhaust / Red Rim Tape / ZX6R Mirrors / FZ1 Drag Bar / ProGrips Grips / Black Shorty Levers /

I ordered one after hearing every youtube video i could find lol I love the way it sounds and delkevic is legit. I spoke to them on the phone and they were super nice and helpful. After reading reviews and listening to the videos on my bike and other bikes as well i bought the ss07 full system exhaust. Can't wait to install it and hear it for myself! Also, what should i do about tuning it? Do you guys use a power commander? Which power commander should i choose for my 2009? I mean it would be a good thing in general to put on if you put a high flow air intake as well to take advantage of your setup, but does anyone run it without a power commander? does it still run just fine? Btw thank you all for all this feedback you guys have helped me out a ton

If you want to see what I did, do an "advanced search" on my name. Lotsa maps will work on your PC5. Marthy's Adv Gear Rev B is my favorite. I average 40 MPG, and it's a ripper now!

I ordered one after hearing every youtube video i could find lol I love the way it sounds and delkevic is legit. I spoke to them on the phone and they were super nice and helpful. After reading reviews and listening to the videos on my bike and other bikes as well i bought the ss07 full system exhaust. Can't wait to install it and hear it for myself! Also, what should i do about tuning it? Do you guys use a power commander? Which power commander should i choose for my 2009? I mean it would be a good thing in general to put on if you put a high flow air intake as well to take advantage of your setup, but does anyone run it without a power commander? does it still run just fine? Btw thank you all for all this feedback you guys have helped me out a ton
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Inbox me your email address and I'll send you the map. Do the airbox mod and block off plates while you're in there, worth the extra $40ish.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Very nice, has anyone ran this delkevic setup without a power commander? I dont have the money for one yet and i want to know if its ok to ride around until i get one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast