Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 09 FZ6R Restyled

Default 09 FZ6R Restyled

Over the winter I did a bit of re-styling to the bike, along with various new mods that I will soon share as I take more pics and even do a video. Here's the bike on her first outing this year - shot yesterday down by the water on a very windy day.

DSCF6370.jpg
    Last edited by adazine; 04-15-2018 at 02:12 PM.
    09 FZ6R / Two Brothers Black Series Full Exhaust / Two Brothers Racing Juice Box / Pulse Engine Block Off Plates / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21 Tires / EBC HH Brake Pads / T-Rex Sliders / LED Headlight / LED H3 Amber Power Crystal / LED Flushmounts / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / CNC Black Levers / Hyper Black Windscreen / IDEA Waterproof Motorcycle Gear Indicator / Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Tail Bag / Viper 3100VX Alarm

Sedici Rico Black Leather Jacket / MotoCentric Assault Black Jacket / Sedici Boots / Alpinestars Warden Gloves / Kabuto Aeroblade III Matte Gunmetal Helmet / Kabuto Kamui Fluente Flat Black Helmet

2. Thanks MrFrzZ thanked for this post
    Likes MrFrzZ liked this post

love love love the black tail fairing

4. Likes adazine liked this post

Looks awesome! I spy some different color on the chin spoiler and fairing faux intakes, CF on rear seat grab rail.... what else?
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by sti491 View Post
    Looks awesome! I spy some different color on the chin spoiler and fairing faux intakes, CF on rear seat grab rail.... what else?
    Thanks ! The 2012 Suzuki GSX-R750 was the inspiration for this look. I liked the metallic silver on the air intakes and the black tail end. Wrapped the lower portion of the front fairing in gloss black and the tail is metallic black wrapped. Rear seat is done in a carbon fiber material, but I really don't like it and will change to a blacker carbon fiber material - it was a ***** to cover, but now I know how to do it for the next time. Recovered the front seat in a thicker vinyl on a spare seat that I bought off of eBay for $24.00 with all the hardware. The original seat is in the planning stage for a new cover and padding.

Programmed the gear indicator and it works great. Nice to know what gear you're in when cruising around town. Exhaust is perfect now and the pipes still look shiny after her first outing - a tiny bit of bluing at the motor.

2012 Suzuki GSX-R750.jpg
    09 FZ6R / Two Brothers Black Series Full Exhaust / Two Brothers Racing Juice Box / Pulse Engine Block Off Plates / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21 Tires / EBC HH Brake Pads / T-Rex Sliders / LED Headlight / LED H3 Amber Power Crystal / LED Flushmounts / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / CNC Black Levers / Hyper Black Windscreen / IDEA Waterproof Motorcycle Gear Indicator / Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Tail Bag / Viper 3100VX Alarm

Sedici Rico Black Leather Jacket / MotoCentric Assault Black Jacket / Sedici Boots / Alpinestars Warden Gloves / Kabuto Aeroblade III Matte Gunmetal Helmet / Kabuto Kamui Fluente Flat Black Helmet

7. Likes TexanFZ6R liked this post

I'm pretty boring...but my bike is not. New to the forum. Just recently got her back after six weeks for having a friend paint the tank and fender. I just need to replace the wheel tape and I'll be done...for now.
    Capture+_2018-04-20-17-15-42.jpg
    20180416_195129.jpg
    20180416_195759.jpg
    20180416_195808.jpg
    20180416_200155.jpg

9. Likes adazine liked this post

Love the black tail. I couldn’t help it and had to go and mine too now. Lol.

11. Likes adazine liked this post

Recovered the seats in a perforated pattern which is not all the way through the material. Added pad under main seat and took out the hump in the rear seat, which would take up space in my Nelson-Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Motorcycle Tail/Seat Bag. The bag works well on this bike and you can cut the straps and permanently attach them to the bike, and fold them in when not in use.

FZ6R Seat 1.jpg

FZ6R Seat 2.jpg

FZ6R Seat 3.jpg

Looks good.

14. Likes adazine liked this post

Changed the color of the Two Brothers exhaust tip and went with a darker metallic gray for the front air intake by the headers. Think I like the red tip better !

FZ6R Charles 1920.jpg

16. Likes MrFrzZ liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by adazine View Post
    Changed the color of the Two Brothers exhaust tip and went with a darker metallic gray for the front air intake by the headers. Think I like the red tip better !

FZ6R Charles 1920.jpg
    The bike looks fantastic. Its not too flash, and not dull at all. I'm not completely sold on the grey ducts caps just yet, but its not my bike right? lol I personally ike the darker tip on the exhaust better. Take those front reflectors off and it'll clean the front end look up.... Who cares about visibility to other motorists :P

Did you put a new windscreen on it? or did you tint that one?

18. Likes adazine liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast