Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: What is this part?

Default What is this part?

Hey guys, I had to remove this part and then put it back on (the part my finger is touching). What is that? I hope it was just a simple pull off and put back on piece and not some 'handle with care' kinda piece. Please let me know.
    8BB397A8-559E-48CD-AAB8-3B010676EA19.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TN6R View Post
    Hey guys, I had to remove this part and then put it back on (the part my finger is touching). What is that? I hope it was just a simple pull off and put back on piece and not some 'handle with care' kinda piece. Please let me know.
    8BB397A8-559E-48CD-AAB8-3B010676EA19.jpg
    If I'm not mistaken, thats the clutch linkage.... Keep an eye on it and give the clutch a squeeze... you should see that actuate back and forth....

Just out of curiosity? Why'd you have to remove it?

I had to loosen that part and pull it out about 1/2 an inch so I could remove the front sprocket with the chain around it because I didn't want to break my chain in order to upgrade the sprocket. If that piece didn't come off I wouldn't have had enough clearance because the chain links were hitting it with it fully attached. I kinda thought it might be like a distributor on a car and need to be reinstalled in a precise way but being the clutch linkage like you said, which I saw it was and then was able to switch all gears normally (thanks for the tip). I think I'm good now.

good deal! what sprocket did you go with?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrzZ View Post
    good deal! what sprocket did you go with?
    I went with a Driven Racing 15 tooth steel sprocket. It was pretty easy to swap out and gives a nice kick to lower rpm torque. Definitely glad I did it. I also did the 3 degree advanced timing mod so with both of those combined, it gets up pretty good now. Good bank for the buck mods.

FCBDF2F3-E7A0-415F-9168-AD68C44F97FE.jpg

It has alignment marks on it. From the manual: "Move the push lever in the arrow direction (that would be forward), and make sure that its movement becomes hard in the position where the marks match."
    John

Current Bike: 2009 FZ6R Blue/White, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Pro-Grip Tank Pad, Rascal Grafik Tank Grip
    Current Gear: HJC IS-MAX BT helmet, Fly Racing Trekker Jacket, Fly Racing Butane Pants, Cortech Adrenaline Gloves
    Mileage: 17200mi
    "A good p̶i̶l̶o̶t̶ rider is always learning."