Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First wrap ever!

Quote Originally Posted by adazine View Post
    When I did my shopping, I started looking at 1080. I am wondering if it is all 3M just private labeled? I needed glossy because of my fender hugger and sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Several companies make the vinyl wrap and they all seem to be equal in their performance. I have friends that like the Avery vinyl better for the look they want - it's really just personnel preference and what suits your needs for the look you're going for. 3M does supply other labels just not sure which ones.
    09 FZ6R / Two Brothers Black Series Full Exhaust / Two Brothers Racing Juice Box / Pulse Engine Block Off Plates / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S21 Tires / EBC HH Brake Pads / T-Rex Sliders / LED Headlight / LED H3 Amber Power Crystal / LED Flushmounts / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / CNC Black Levers / Hyper Black Windscreen / IDEA Waterproof Motorcycle Gear Indicator / Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S Sport Tail Bag / Viper 3100VX Alarm

Sedici Rico Black Leather Jacket / MotoCentric Assault Black Jacket / Sedici Boots / Alpinestars Warden Gloves / Kabuto Aeroblade III Matte Gunmetal Helmet / Kabuto Kamui Fluente Flat Black Helmet

Whatever the type is called with the texture on the adhesive side that makes it easier to get air bubbles out is nice. I had some small air pockets along the top edge of my piece I didn't notice until I put it on the bike due to the angle looking at it. A little heat, lift and reapply, and it was perfect! Most air bubbles I was able to work out first application. Impressive product.

I think I might persoanlly like the matte CF better, but my bike already has gloss CF in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by adazine View Post
    Several companies make the vinyl wrap and they all seem to be equal in their performance. I have friends that like the Avery vinyl better for the look they want - it's really just personnel preference and what suits your needs for the look you're going for. 3M does supply other labels just not sure which ones.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12