Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: won’t rev above 8000 RPM in gear

Exclamation won’t rev above 8000 RPM in gear

I’m having an issue were my bike won’t rev past 8000 RPMs when in gear it the needle bounces like when hiting the rev limiter also the sound is the same as well. When the clutch is pulled in it will rev to limiter but hickup around 7000-8000 but then continues to limiter. When in gear if i let off the Throttle just befor 8000 and reengage sometimes it will revs to limiter. When in neutral if i rev it fast twice in a row it will get stuck at 8000 for much longer then the up I described earlier.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-31-2018 at 06:02 PM.

I am not sure what that is. Hopefully somebody here can help. However, please don't rev your engine too high under no load, despite what squids do on Utube. Even when diagnosing, use caution revving that high under no load. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I’m having an issue were my bike won’t rev past 8000 RPMs when in gear it the needle bounces like when hiting the rev limiter also the sound is the same as well. When the clutch is pulled in it will rev to limiter but hickup around 7000-8000 but then continues to limiter. When in gear if i let off the Throttle just befor 8000 and reengage sometimes it will revs to limiter. When in neutral if i rev it fast twice in a row it will get stuck at 8000 for much longer then the up I described earlier.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by sti491 View Post
    I am not sure what that is. Hopefully somebody here can help. However, please don't rev your engine too high under no load, despite what squids do on Utube. Even when diagnosing, use caution revving that high under no load. :-)
    thanks for the tip

OK, live up North? How old your gas is? Parked outside or in a barn? First thing is drain the fuel, make sure you don't have a rat nest in the airbox (LOL) and put fresh fuel. Dump some Seafoam, 1/2 can first with fresh gas to try to clean up the gunk build up.

I work on old car, most of them are hi end collectables. Some of those guys parked their car for years because they don't want to wear them out or put mileage on them and guys like me make a living from it! Everything turn to junk... gas tank, fuel pumps...

Old gas turn to gel and clog up injectors. Shelve life of E10 is about 3 months, none ethanol gas last a bit longer.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

this problem started mid summer last year every thing was working fine and i thought my bike would not hold a constant speed in like it would slow down when holding it steady throttle but that could have been my imagination.. so then i was keeping my eye on my rpm and then suddenly it would not rev past 8000

i park inside every night and ride every day during the summer spring and fall also i dumped all gas and added injection cleaner still no go cleaned the air filter looked at gas filter but i don’t know what bad looks like for fuel pump.

What year?

How many miles?

Any modifications (Tuner, Exhaust)?

How long have you owned it (Time and miles)?
    Now: 2015 FZ6R & 2008 WR250R
    Past: 2009 FZ6R & 2008 CBR1000RR

2013 model ,has a 49t sprocket 12,000 miles removed all fairings and replace headlight and add clipons everything else is stock. i perches it a dealer 2 years ago.

i’ve take out the fuel pump and check the gas tank for any junk but it doesn’t look like there’s anything in there that’s causing a problem my tps seems to be off so i adjusted it but I think that needs to be replaced none of the fuel line seem to be kinked by the gas tank so I don’t know where else to check.

Maybe call your local Yamaha dealer or cycle repair shop and ask for their advice? Not necessarily for them to do it. You might get lucky and find a helpful person willing to make a suggestion. Sounds like you got a gremlin there.

i’ve take out the fuel pump and check the gas tank for any junk but it doesn’t look like there’s anything in there that’s causing a problem my tps seems to be off so i adjusted it but I think that needs to be replaced none of the fuel line seem to be kinked by the gas tank so I don’t know where else to check.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast