Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Modifications

Post Modifications

Hey everyone I am new to the forum and I wanted to know if there was anyway I can give the bike a little more power with putting a power commander on. The bike is a 2017, this is the second bike I have owned. I recently installed a black widow exhaust which is a phenomenal exhaust! The exhaust was half the price of two brothers and sounds 5x better. I also did small cosmetic modifications such as DMP fender eliminator, LED flush mounts, and integrated tailight. I did recently purchase ZX6R mirrors for 2010-2015 models and still need to put them on. Looking forward on hearing feedback and answering any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Long Island View Post
    Hey everyone I am new to the forum and I wanted to know if there was anyway I can give the bike a little more power with putting a power commander on. The bike is a 2017, this is the second bike I have owned. I recently installed a black widow exhaust which is a phenomenal exhaust! The exhaust was half the price of two brothers and sounds 5x better. I also did small cosmetic modifications such as DMP fender eliminator, LED flush mounts, and integrated tailight. I did recently purchase ZX6R mirrors for 2010-2015 models and still need to put them on. Looking forward on hearing feedback and answering any questions.
    Welcome! I would highly recommend a PC5 running Martin's adv gear revB map. Other mods that help are advance the base idle timing to around 9 degrees. Opening up the airbox helps too, but it's loud at high rpms. Change the front sprocket to 15 tooth (-1).

I have posts on these and other mods I've made in past few months. Do a search on my screen name if you want to take a look.

You really want a PC5 though, trust me.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.