Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2017 FZ6R Paint Question

Default 2017 FZ6R Paint Question

Hey all! I have a question on the paint for a 2017 FZ6R. I'm 2.5 hours away from the closest dealer, so I'm hoping someone here can help me before I make the drive down later this week. Yamaha lists the paint color as "matte silver", and it looks like a matte paint to me, but the dealer is telling me there's a clear coat. I've had a matte black bike before, and it was a scratch magnet. Can anyone tell me if there is/is not a clear coat on the 2017 FZ6R? If there isn't, how does your paint hold up so far? Thank you!

Any reputable manufacturer is going to put a clear on top of a paint coat... It probably is the same "matte silver" as the new R6 and R1s bikes. It is probably a "Matte Clear" coat on the bike. It SHOULDNT show too many scratches and since it is silver, they'll be less visible unless you really start looking for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrzZ View Post
    Any reputable manufacturer is going to put a clear on top of a paint coat... It probably is the same "matte silver" as the new R6 and R1s bikes. It is probably a "Matte Clear" coat on the bike. It SHOULDNT show too many scratches and since it is silver, they'll be less visible unless you really start looking for them.
    Thank you. I figured it would be something similar to those, but I haven't seen those in person either (darn being so far away from a dealer). I had a Kawasaki Vulcan S, which was just a matte paint as far as I could tell. It scratched and swirled terribly, and I'm not new to washing/washing/detailing. Maybe that's why I usually stick with Yamaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Mock01 View Post
    I had a Kawasaki Vulcan S
    How is the Vulcan S? I been look at some of the reviews and it seems like a really good cruiser compared to the Yamaha Bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by tho9504 View Post
    How is the Vulcan S? I been look at some of the reviews and it seems like a really good cruiser compared to the Yamaha Bolt.
    I really enjoyed mine. It was my first cruiser style bike (had an FZ6, Ninja 650, Ninja 500, and a Versys before it). I mostly tried it due to overall reliability, customization, light weight, and six gears. No problems with it, had enough get up for me (nothing like my FZ6, but it was never supposed to compare). Good mpg. Comfortable. Only thing I hated was the crappy matte paint! Hence asking this question!