Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Calling all Racetech users

Default Calling all Racetech users

as the title implies, I am looking for input from anyone who has used the Racetech fork springs and emulators. Do you do the install yourself and if so, how difficult was it to install the emulators and springs? I dont have a seal driver and have never done this, but I also dont want to take it to a local dealer who might not know how to install the emulators either, and shipping it to racetech is out of the question due to shipping and labor cost.

Any input?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrzZ View Post
    as the title implies, I am looking for input from anyone who has used the Racetech fork springs and emulators. Do you do the install yourself and if so, how difficult was it to install the emulators and springs? I dont have a seal driver and have never done this, but I also dont want to take it to a local dealer who might not know how to install the emulators either, and shipping it to racetech is out of the question due to shipping and labor cost.

Any input?
    My son just did emulators, springs, seals, fork fluid and also changed out to a just rebuilt Penske rear shock on his 2000 SV650. He used modified Traxxtion damper rods which makes it a bolt on affair. Also did radial master cylinder and SS lines, new pads all around. It wasn't too bad a job. Had to buy a nifty fork seal tool and a syringe like thing that helps get the fluid right.

On his bike we could use the front engine cylinder as a floor jack point. Not sure how you do that on our bikes. Using the headers as a jack point seems real sketchy. What are your thoughts to lift the front?

Cheers, Rob

My 2012 Raven with 4,000 miles front end was WAY better than his old OEM fork set up. Now his is fantastic!
    Last edited by sti491; 03-07-2018 at 02:34 PM.
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

I would probably run a strap around the triple and suspend from above in my shed (if the truss would support it and if I decide to do this job myself) I was more concerned with the inner workings of the forks and the difficulty in swapping all that mess out. I've seen the oil level tool and had briefly looked into the seal tool, but I'm just wondering if this is something that I'd be better off letting a shop do since I dont plan on doing it often. (hoping to not bust seals that often)