Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wrapping DB Killer?

Default Wrapping DB Killer?

Anyone ever wrap their dB killer in ceramic or fiberglass wrap? I’d like to quiet down my slip in just a tad for my neighbors’ benefit as I’ll be starting some early am weekend rides. I’ve been hearing about it from dirt bike riders.

Would this change the air/fuel condition at all?

There is a Utube video on it. It will quiet it down some depending on how much you use. It will cause a little more back pressure, but I doubt you will lose much performance from it.

I just ride slowly out of my neighborhood. But I get it. My DC70 with the DBK is loud!
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by sti491 View Post
    There is a Utube video on it. It will quiet it down some depending on how much you use. It will cause a little more back pressure, but I doubt you will lose much performance from it.

I just ride slowly out of my neighborhood. But I get it. My DC70 with the DBK is loud!
    I picked up some fiberglass high-temp wrap and metal hi-temp ties to give it a shot. I think the wrap is 1/4" thick so I'll do about a 1/2" worth around the baffle and see what happens. I can't help but think the stuff is just going to burn off but we'll see.

It may, but probably not quickly. You could always redo it later when necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '12 Raven/DS70/PC/Block offs/Cut air box short v-stacks/Timing adv/-1 frt sprocket/Metzeler M7RR's/90o stems/spools/sliders/GD opener/Acc-USB plugs/Volt meter/Jewel switch/Phone mount/LEDs: Amber Jewel/Headlight/Smoke tail & flush frt & pod sig-DLR/underseat red sig-brake/DMP fender eliminator/Lithium battery/Puig touring screen/Grip Puppies/Seat 1.5" higher/Rox 1" up & back risers/Gear Indicator/KTM tail pack/M1 alarm/CC/Tank Pads/SS BL/3 back surgeries/Old fart balls of steel/Happy to be here.

So I did end up wrapping my dbkiller and it actually sounded pretty good. It lowered the sound to be a bit more deep sounding. Video is here but use headphones or it'll sound crappy with phone speakers. The metal ties I used weren't tight enough and the heat wrap was pushed past the ties and I ended up losing some out the exhaust. I'm definitely going to do it again but just need to pick up better ties that actually hold the heat wrap on.