Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lighting the air intakes !

Default Lighting the air intakes !

Lighting.jpg

Had a couple of extra leds and thought it would be fun to light the air intakes. I used the 3/4" bullet leds and mounted them in the top portion of the intake. They are on a switch to be able to turn them off in case they draw lawful attention.

Now that is cool. Would be perfect for turn signals I would think. Get rid of those pesky signals that stick out an inch and a half from the fairing.

I've seen this done on YouTube and always wanted to do something like what I saw. The guy who did this had them hooked up as turn indicators, not sure how visible they would be at different angles or during the day. I did mount some small, bright leds under the front fairing to act as turn indicators and running lights - haven't put that back together yet.

Hi again. I like this. I am still waiting for my jewel light ebay purchase to arrive... they are shipping all the way from China, LOL. I would like to add these lights at the same time I do the jewel, putting them on the same circut and switch. Can you please provide a link for the yellow lights you used in the intakes? Could you also please post a close up and more detail how they are mounted in there? I am assuming these small leds, 3 of them, take little current so directly wiring them to the switch is ok without a relay?

Quote Originally Posted by adazine View Post
    Lighting.jpg

Had a couple of extra leds and thought it would be fun to light the air intakes. I used the 3/4" bullet leds and mounted them in the top portion of the intake. They are on a switch to be able to turn them off in case they draw lawful attention.

I may wire these to my flush front signals. When I am making a turn at an intersection to where a car is stopped, I don't think the car driver can see my flush turn signal very well. I usually feel the need to hand signal so they don't pull out in front of me. Having these blink along with the flush fairing mount on the side, might give better visibility for my signals from the front. Are they bright enough to see them well in the daytime?

I was not familiar with bullet LEDs. Are these what you recommend?
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F4138CQ..._7RFFAbWZ75HSH

Yes, no relay needed on these leds. I post some pictures of how I mounted these. They are three wire, so there is a low and high output and can utilize all the wires from the front turn indicators. I have the fron and the back well lit so people will notice me at night. I love riding at night and had to figure out how to get the bike lit up without looking too obnoxious. Can't wait for the season to begin !!

Link on ebay - the red ones I used on the back seat fairings and function as marker and brake lights.

4pcs 3/4" Bullet Marker Light 3SMD Red/Amber Light Aux Brake Signal light 3Wire https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-3-4-Bu...9ZmlEz&vxp=mtr

So are they fairly easy to see during the day?

Intake Inside.jpg

Inside the intake

Intake Outside.jpg

Outside the intake - the white ring I made to use as a friction fitting, there is a wider portion that this locks onto the leds housing.

Access hole.jpg

The led hit this portion of the fairing so I drilled a hole right where it hit. The led sits perfectly there and allows the wire into the inside of the fairing and can reach the turn signal wires.

Tail Side 1.jpgTail Side 2.jpgTail Back 1.jpgTail Back 2.jpg

The back ones lit up

Not sure on the air intake ones - just did them. The rear ones show up well.

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFZ6R View Post
    So are they fairly easy to see during the day?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast