Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OEM upper fairing small top pieces poor fitment?

From what I read, it does not need a separate fuse. I tapped into the front left signal running light, so it goes off with the ignition. It was an easy, close, already fused, switched place to connect it.

Quote Originally Posted by sti491 View Post
    From what I read, it does not need a separate fuse. I tapped into the front left signal running light, so it goes off with the ignition. It was an easy, close, already fused, switched place to connect it.
    That's a good idea, thanks!

Wow... this addendum to my original post just goes to show, "You don't know what you don't know, until you know".

So I had my bike apart doing block off plates, Power Commander and exhaust. I was dreading putting these pieces back on, even though I felt confident I'd get it. I knew the technique I originally documented worked, but it was obvious that it wasn't the way it was designed to be done.

So I tried it the way it's supposed to be done again, lifting the back and sliding the front and side tabs together first.... which leaves the offending lower inside gap and that inside front one clip miserably un-done.

That's when I stumbled on "the key" to the puzzle. All you have to do is push fairly hard with one hand on the outside rear part of the fairing pushing it toward the tank. With the other hand reach down to that last clip and assist it to fasten, while still holding the fairing toward the tank with the other hand. It is too easy this way!

I had to remove and replace these several times installing my Power Commander map switch and volt meter. I can do it fast and with ease now FTW!

4. Thanks BlastOffMike thanked for this post

Thanks for following up on this. I probably wonít be tinkering with my bike any time soon but Iíve copied this to my FZ6R notes file so I can refer to it the next time I have to do this. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12