Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Sprocket Mod Question

Default Sprocket Mod Question

Guys, I don't know enough about this and I read the sticky on the sprocket mod as well as a couple other FZ6 forums on it. Originally I was thinking -1/+2 or 15/48 set up because I rarely ride on the highway and want more low end power. BUT, I was reading that a -1/+0 or 15/46 set up is still a boost in acceleration and not as much hassle with higher RPMs. Any thoughts on that comparison set up? Should I go 15/46, or 15/48 for the most acceleration? Given most of my top speed ever is generally only going to be 60 mph.

Thanks!

Check out this website...

http://www.gearingcommander.com

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
    2010 Raven FZ6R -- Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders -- CF Tank Pad -- ZX6 Mirrors -- High Beam Garage Door Opener -- Two Brother's Black Series C/F Exhaust -- Power Commander V -- Galfer SS Brake Lines -- EBC Sintered HH Pads -- Oxford Heated Grips

It won't be a night and day difference in acceleration other than in first gear a bit on take off... What I would consider the most is if you're end up between 2 gears where you ride. Changing gearing will either help you (don't need to shift in the middle of a turn) or not help you on the opposite.

BY example I went -1 in the front when I was doing track days on my FZ09. It wasn't noticeably any faster coming out the corner or faster/slower top speed but it did help me in some corners to be within the power band in 3rd gear. 2nd gear was too short and 3rd gear was just a bit too low in the rpms.

So my suggestion is to take that in consideration...

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Good info. If I gained some pick up in 1st and was able to maintain stronger power band during cornering then that'd be great. I like to ride in higher RPMs anyway.
    Thanks for the tip as well blkbrd.